Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Visitor
Crashzxs
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Telus

Unable to update appworld

[ Edited ]

trying to update my blackberry appworld today, with zero success.

pressing the update button in the appworld brings me to the "get the latest version of appworld today" page, I click the upgrade link and it brings me to a warning page, about how downloading this may cause your provider to charge fees (which to me is strange to me cause not only is my phone plugged into my computer, it is also connected to my personal WIFI network with 80%+ signal) and by continuing to download I agree to those fees, and to ask my service provider for more information, notes that blackberry world is only in specific countries (I'm in Canada), asks if this isn't my preferred language (which it is), then no way to accept.

is there a computer side way of forcing my phone to update app-world, or is there a link for my phone to skip this "oh you may incur fees cause I don't realize you are using a wired connection from your house hurr durr" page

Edit:

I tried re-downloading appworld from www.blackberry.com/appworld/download but doing it on my phone takes me to the same page, and I cant download it onto my computer cause it cant be installed over usb.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
Abrie71
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: 8ta

Re: Unable to update appworld

Hi crashzxs.
Have you tried maybe using opera mini or any tipe of browser to go on the site! You will be able to update appworld this way! Other wise your blackberry might need a software update!
Please use plain text.