Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Contributor
lvrpllad
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Uncaught exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFound Error

Same prob and still no fix - come on RIM sort it out!!!

Thanks to Janhsmn for the link to the older version :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Aztec
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: rogers

Janhsmn,  Thanks for the link.  

Please use plain text.
Contributor
m1kenufc
My Device: blackberry bold 9600
My Carrier: m

If anyone here is having difficulties with accessing bbm like I had I have a fix for this but can't post it yet. I will post it after 6pm. Have a pen handy as its quite long winded.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
brian831
My Device: Blackberry Tour 9630
My Carrier: Telus

I posted the same error on the Tour forum.

calculus50 responded with a solution to downgrade to 3.1.0.29.  It works!

>5 hours ago
>BlackBerry says uninstall and reinstall App World. This does not work. I found that going to this site >http://rroyy.com/otaarchive/ and selecting the previous version of app world solved it. Just uninstall the version 56 of >App World and then install the version 29 of App World. Don't forget to choose the correct OS for your device.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
m1kenufc

My app world is now working but I had a problem with bb messenger where the icon was there but I couldn't access it. Below is a solution that worked for me to fix my bb messenger issue:

To solve BBM problem.On your BlackBerry, go to Options > Advanced > Service Books.

Scroll to two entries

a) BBFS2 [BBMIMConfig]

b) BBFS2 [BBIM]

press the Menu key to delete each one at a time.

Then, a simple reboot: With the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery a few seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot.

Next,

On your BlackBerry device, go to:

1. Options > Advanced > Host Routing Table > Menu > Register.

2. Resend your service books, instructions here:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB154023. With the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery a few seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot. This reboot, even if you have already done this, is often needed to install the service books.

If this doesn’t work continue to these steps:

1.     Go to Blackberry App Centre, change the top left dropdown to BOLT_ON and scroll to BB Messenger, press menu button and click delete, once this is done it will prompt to reboot but you need to select NO and then with the phone on remove the battery for a few seconds. Once the phone has rebooted go to www.blackberry.com/blackberrymessenger and re-install bbm.****If in doubt, do this twice*****

This worked for me and i didn’t lose any of my BBM contacts but you might want to install Blackberry protect from appworld and run a backup first as this is what i did just to be safe

Please use plain text.
New Developer
facetious
My Device: Not Specified

Where's the response from RIM? My AppWorld is throwing NoClassDefFoundError on 9700 OS 5.0 with the latest AppWorld build.

gg, RIM. gg.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
m1kenufc

Exactly the same as the phone I have and fault I had until someone on this post provided this link http://rroyy.com/otaarchive/ where you can download the previous version of ap world. That should fix it for you. As for RIM, its all a bit quiet so either they're ignorant or don't know some people have this issue as I think its affecting the minority of users.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
yuswadi
My Device: BB 9700
My Carrier: Business

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
janhsmn
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: 02

Glad it worked for everyone,  lets hope RIM get themselves sorted out and offer a proper upgrade before they loose more customers.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
yuswadi
My Device: BB 9700
My Carrier: Business

Hi frnd,I almost frusted with this problem..and I dnt knw whether RIM got any solution on this matter or not..very lacking for BB..
Please use plain text.