Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
Ontheverge
My Device: Not Specified

Uninstall vs Deleting

I am having issues with my BB... so was uninstalling different programs to see what was causing the issues... but when taking off Endomondo Pro.... my screen decided to pick Delete instead of uninstall.... It is a paid app, so now I can't get it back unless I pay for it again?

Is there no way to get it back?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Uninstall vs Deleting

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

If you purchased it via AppWorld, you should not have to pay again...

To re-install your apps, please see this KB:

• KB17625 How to install or transfer previously purchased applications from BlackBerry App World to a BlackBerry smartphone

You may need to clear the AppWorld application cache:

1. Open App World

2. Go to My World

3. Follow one (and only one!) of these steps:

3a. For keyboard-based BB's -- Hold down the ALT key and then press, in sequence R, then S, then T

3b. For Touch Screen Only BBs -- Hold the num-lock (!?123) button so it locks and then press, in sequence 3, then 4, then (

3c. For newer (e,g., OS6 and 7) BB's, see this KB:

• KB24714 How to clear the BlackBerry App World cache

4. AppWorld should close.

5. If your BB locks after issuing the cache clear, perform a battery pull reboot

6. Return to AppWorld/MyWorld (it may be sluggish while it re-synchronizes).

If step (4) does not happen as listed, then the clear cache did not work.

Hopefully it'll work for you! Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Ontheverge

Unfortunately that doesn't work... It does not show up in the "Uninstalled" portion... It seems like this is just a bug... when it is gone it is gone.

Defintiely a little stupid by BB I think... but I have to be honest I am beginning to expect dumb things like this.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Hmmm...strange...of course, I am very much "shooting in the dark" here. From "that doesn't work", I can't tell if the process did not work as described, or if it worked as described yet did not change your situation. Further, you've posted to the legacy section of this site, so I can only assume you are on a pre-BB10 device (fyi -- if that assumption is wrong, then what I stated in post 2 is actually not even applicable). Further, you've not stated (not in your post nor in your profile) anything about your device model, your OS level, your carrier, your AW version, nor any other pertinent details that might help us understand better your situation...

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Ontheverge

I appreciate the help.  It did the full refresh of Appworld... but like I was saying before... I think it is a coding issue where the program is fully deleted from My World from the device by having the screen choose delete instead of uninstall.  Pretty stupid coding from BB if you ask me.

I am running a 9860 with the latest App World.

Thank you for the help, but the subscription is gone.  I think i got this one when BB was giving out the free software in their dark times.  Unfortunately due to the above issue it is no longer available to me.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Ontheverge wrote:

I appreciate the help.  It did the full refresh of Appworld... but like I was saying before... I think it is a coding issue where the program is fully deleted from My World from the device by having the screen choose delete instead of uninstall.  Pretty stupid coding from BB if you ask me.

I actually disagree...there was a choice to make, with each choice operating differently. What you seem to desire is that the complete delete not even exist, which is a different situation from making an undesirable choice.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Ontheverge

Nope, you are completely wrong actually.  The whole point of having the "Installed" and "Uninstalled" sections of App World is directly for this reason.  If something happens and the program is removed from your device... then it is there in your "Uninstalled" area of App World.  From there you can click on uninstalled programs and delete them from your list.  Like most programs it allows for a two step action to fully delete a program.

What happens here is that if you are on your device and you have a program that you are removing from your device... if something wrong is pressed it goes directly to the garbage without any possibility of bringing it back.

Even Windows has a recycling bin...

As I stated... I think that this is a mistake by BB especially in my case when you are working with a touch screen and for whatever reason the wrong button is pressed... it is permanent with no possibility of undoing the mistake....

So, if it is a choice... then that is honestly a really stupid "choice" by BB.....

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

I actually think we are arguing the same point...I happen to agree that, once you pay for an app, there should be no ability to lose that payment record, no matter what. But, to me the fix isn't changing the way the "delete" choice works, but rather entirely removing the "delete" choice. For, if they were to change the way the "delete" selection works and make it just work the same as "uninstall", then they would be redundant, which would certainly contribute to coding bloat. So I think we want the same thing...

Indeed...that's how I thought it worked...then again, I hadn't used AppWorld for quite some time until I got my Z10 in January, and it works this way on AW for BB10. So something may have changed even for legacy devices.

But, we can argue it here all we want...and it will make absolutely no difference whatsoever...

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.