Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

adilbari
My Device: Bold 9780, 2012

Using wifi without Data plan

Hello Everyone... :smileyhappy:
I am new on this forum and hope that my issue would be solved.
I m using Bold 9780, but since last week i'm trying to use internet with my wifi-connection, unfortunately its not working without DataPlan, In-fact i'm facing this problem for the first time as i m using Bold since last 2 years without having this kind of trouble, I mean with my friends wifi, i was able to use BBM, and Apps world as well as Face book, twitter and other social networks, but now its not working even I am connected with Wifi and i have also internet package plan (mobile-network), it always shows the message that 
"You are currently on a service that does not support this application, please connect to a wifi network or contact your service provider"
I dont know why this happening, although my internet explorer works properly with wi-fi and with dataplan.

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: Using wifi without Data plan

ask your carrier if you can use BBm on your specific plan.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Hi adilbari

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums.

There are some applications like BBM ,FaceBook for BlackBerry etc. which will work over Wi - Fi only if you have BIS on your account. 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,979
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

BBM absolutely requires a BlackBerry specific data plan, even if only a partial, scaled back BlackBerry social plan. 

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code