Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
2917C58E
My Device: 9300 Curve

Very important problem

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone. I use Curve 9300 and Voda-tr carrier. But my problem is about maps. BBMaps is seen installed. But there isn't icon for map on home screen. Absolutely not. And I said to my carrier to sending service book of BBMaps. And they said, we sent. But still there isn't any icon. I open that with another program but it's seen white only. There isn't any road. Or anything. Ver: 9300/6.0.0.749 , I tried to install again on BB site , I downloaded BBMaps Installer 6.1 but when I open that it gives 'java.lang.illegalargument exception" and doesn't open so I can't install 6.1, my maps ver is 6.0.0.32 please help me its very important for me. Also you can send messages - help realtime with BBM : thanks for all things.

Edit: PIN removed. At no time should you provide any personal information to any other community member. Please review the Community Terms & Conditions and Support Community Guidelines for additional information.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Very important problem

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please try this. First, ensure you have a good PC backup of your BB...here is some helpful information...if, during the PC backup process, it offers you an update to your BB, please refuse that for now:

Shut down the desktop software and disconnect your BB from your PC. Next, on the device, remove the BBMaps application completely:

• KB10040 How to view or remove installed applications on a BlackBerry smartphone

It may ask you to reboot...do so. After that completes, please perform another standard batt-pull reboot.

After that completes, use the Desktop Software to reinstall the BBMaps application:

• KB14473 How to install an application on a BlackBerry smartphone using the BlackBerry Desktop Software

It may offer you an update to your actual BBOS...if so, you will need to make a decision about that.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
2917C58E
My Device: 9300 Curve

I tried that but nothing changed. And on BB Desktop Software there is BBMaps 6.0.0.32 again. But it doesn't work well so I want to upgrade Maps to 6.1 but I can't this on phone, can I do this with Desktop Manager ? If can, how?
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

You probably have to update your core BB OS to a level that includes the version of BBMaps that you desire. Quite often, only the version of BBMaps that is included with the BB OS level will function...attempted upgrades will, as you experienced, fail. It's an annoying item, but it is what it is.

I know of no way to see, in advance, which version of BBMaps will be included inside of a specific BB OS package. You need to obtain those and download them to your PC...then you can use the PC AppLoader to start the install process to your BB...if the version of BBMaps is not to your liking, you can stop there and remove that BB OS version from your PC, and move on to the next.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code