Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
b_b_246
My Carrier: Orange

Whatsapp download error

I paid and downloaded Whatsapp a little while ago and it has been working fine.  My phone is now telling me that an upgrade is available, so I clicked on that on the blackberry app world in the my world section and it says that whatsapp is not available for download from app world.

I'm hoping that someone can help as I know it is still available as it is still present when I search for it on app world.  I have already contacted the support directly but have been redirected here as they believe it to be a common Appworld bug.

Many thanks

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Whatsapp download error

Hello,

There are many discussions in these forums about this. First, though -- please understand that these forums are a user-to-user support channel, not a user-to-RIM conduit; this forum is not a vehicle to obtain formal AppWorld support. That channel, for end users, is via your carrier. Nevertheless, please attempt this:

To re-install your apps, please follow this section of the AppWorld user guide:

For more registration key information, see this KB:

In some cases, it has been discovered that updates (from AppWorld obtained apps) require additional steps in order to install the update. If the update will not install, please attempt this:

1. Homescreen > Options > Advanced Options > Applications > highlight the app > blackberry_logo.jpg > Delete
  2. AppWorld > MyWorld > Login > highlight the app (if it shows at all, in any state) > blackberry_logo.jpg > Delete
  3. Use either your PC (via Mass Storage Mode) or your BB (via Media > blackberry_logo.jpg > Explore) and find any references (folders, files) to the app. Delete whatever you find. Search both your Device Memory as well as your Media Card.
  4. Use the above AppWorld user guide link to re-install the app -- a new registration/activation key should then be provided

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
burim
My Carrier: o2

Hi,

I am having the same problem. I have followed the instructions and deleted everything to  do with whatsapp on my blackberry 9700. I then re-installed the whatsapp application through appworld, supposedly version 2.2.2264.479.

Now, the problem is that it downloads and installs the latest version through appworld, but when I run the application it turns out that it is actually version 2.0.1755.521.

Before trying to update to 2.2, I had version 2.1 and had the same problem as everyone else where we couldnt update. The real problem is that now that I have re-installed the application, on appworld it says I have downloaded and installed version 2.2 but when you run it and you go on "About" it says: Version: 2.0.1755.521

This is the old version before the 2.1 version where you had the green ticks and the bbm style messaging. 2.0 is plain and like typing on notepad on a PC.

Is anyone else having this problem or is it just me. My 9700 is a RIM unlocked phone and running on the latest software 5.0. I have also deleted and reinstalled appworld and whatsapp over 30 times. Still, the same problem exists. If you have version 2.1 then stick to it.

If anyone is or has experienced the same thing, then can you please let me know how I can get version 2.1 back again or actually get 2.2.

The support service directed me to this forum too, I have emailed them numerous times after that and they have not replied anymore. They're extremely unhelpful as to resolve any issue.

Sorry for the long winded message.

Burim.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

burim wrote:

The support service directed me to this forum too, I have emailed them numerous times after that and they have not replied anymore. They're extremely unhelpful as to resolve any issue.

I'm sorry that you are having so many difficulties. Further, what I said earlier about the support provided by these forums -- that was to set your expectation about what will come from here. Perhaps the "support service" you spoke with does not understand what these forums are.

If you need to formally receive support from RIM, the channel to obtain that (without fees) is via your carrier -- they are your front-line formal support provider.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Developer
New Developer
jkb

you can now download whatsapp from http://www.whatsapp.com/ota/

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nkuulman
My Carrier: mtn

My whatsapp downloads fine but after entereing my number it write a message about the firewall and after it gives an error saying java.lang permission denied but before I downloaded the new whatsapp it was all fine any help please
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
magpronamit
My Carrier: vodafone IN

i am also having the same problem with my bold 9000! it says it has attemptd 2 open a connection inside and outside the firewall which is nt allowed by the it policy and then ders an unxpectd error java.lang.securityexception; permission denied! did u gt a solution 4 the prob pls revert ASAP!

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

magpronamit wrote:

i am also having the same problem with my bold 9000! it says it has attemptd 2 open a connection inside and outside the firewall which is nt allowed by the it policy and then ders an unxpectd error java.lang.securityexception; permission denied! did u gt a solution 4 the prob pls revert ASAP!

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

If you are getting, as you say, a message regarding an IT Policy, then that is most likely the core of the problem; an IT Policy exists on your BB that restricts the function you are attempting to use. If your BB is presently part of an enterprise BES environment, then you need to talk to your BES admins about allowing you access to that function...they control everything about your BB. If, on the other hand, your BB is not part of a BES environment, then you have a much more complicated problem...an IT Policy on a BB that is not part of BES is problematic. It can be removed, but there is a careful process you will need to follow to do so.

The specifics of your situation (i.e, if you are or are not part of a BES domain), will dictate your resolution path.

Good luck and let us know!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
magpronamit
My Carrier: vodafone IN

But i am using a BIS! from the past 1 year! I had a curve in which whatsapp was working! Then i got a torch in which whatsapp was working too! But now in this bold 9000, the problem has started! please suggest me some ways in which i can make my whatsapp work! thanks :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

magpronamit wrote:

But i am using a BIS! from the past 1 year! I had a curve in which whatsapp was working! Then i got a torch in which whatsapp was working too! But now in this bold 9000, the problem has started! please suggest me some ways in which i can make my whatsapp work! thanks :smileyvery-happy:

Hi again,

Since you have a "new" 9000, it is that device that has a latent IT policy on board. Did you purchase it brand new from your carrier and/or a reputable shop? Or did you buy it from eBay or some other method? Form what you describe, that 9000 was once part of a BES enterprise environment, and has therefore a latent IT Policy on board, which must be removed to properly cleanse it. Whoever the seller was, they did not properly do so before selling it to you. See this for some guidance:

• KB05099 Steps to take before selling or after buying a previously owned BlackBerry smartphone

If you cannot get the seller to now conduct the steps they neglected to do, then you can remove the IT Policy yourself by following this procedure:

• KB14202 How to remove an IT policy from a BlackBerry smartphone

I recommend Method 4 (PC) or Method 5 (MAC).

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.