Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Developer
Developer
jtv
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 3 UK

Why Expire Session in BB App World

Dear BlackBerry App World

I am wondering why does my account expire when I am using my PC to find Apps or information in BlackBerry App World.

My App World is constanly on on my phone, for what reason does this expire when o the website.

Please explain dear community.

Yours Sincerely

JTV

JTValerie
Please use plain text.
Administrator (Retired)
FozzieBear
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Why Expire Session in BB App World

Hello jtv,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Sorry to hear about the expiry issue you are experiencing on your BlackBerry App World™ storefront.

The following article should assist you regarding the error message you are experiencing:

KB32421- Error "Token has expired, please login. Error ID 50101" when logging into App World - http://bbry.lv/UFEXfV

Let us know if this helps.

Cheers,

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
jtv

Re: Why Expire Session in BB App World

Dear FozzieBear

Thank you for your attention concerning this problem am having, though the problem doesn't exist on the phone it is actually on my browsers on my laptop.

I use IE8 (Internet Explorer) as I realize Google Chrome won't allow access to download from PC to phone.

I use both my smartphone and my laptop to download apps, though I do prefer using the laptop, where I get to see a lot more of what the apps may be about and my connection can be slow at times if using the phone or tethering with the phone.

It is about when am on the laptop and I leave the page in a short time, when I come back to App World and go to any page within the website, I end up having to relogin.

Thank You for your direction FozzieB

JTValerie
Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
jtv

Unnecessary Expiration

I am very unhappy about how BlackBerry App World, I emphasis, using my PC and not my smartphone.

I asked about this already and received direction's for my phone but I haven't heard anything more since and it is about your webpage.

Why would your clients/customers open their BlackBerry App World accounts on another PC and regardless with the concerns of this, why are clients/customers given the choice to sign-out of their own accounts with whatever transactions they pursue with you.

Tonight I have had to resign/login to my account almost ten, if not more times, I have spent about three hours signing into my BB App World account looking for details in My World that are essential to me.

I am supposed to be studying, if BB App World team looked into my account, they would see that I don't play games and that all the apps I have are tools, but with spending time signing-in/login-on I have had no chance or time to start and complete my homework, I am not happy about this feature expiring my login and no one can explain to me why it is done, what is this feature for.

If it is for security please say so but if I turn my back for one second, answer a call on my phone or even answer my front door, to come back to my webpage and have to sign-in all over again, it's a liberty when it comes to me or anyone as your client/customer when it comes to your webpage concerning money.

Please could someone tell me what this expiry feature is for or could I have it moved from my account wherever I sign-in/login.

Yours Sincerely

JTV

JTValerie
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Unnecessary Expiration

[ Edited ]

Hello -- no need for duplicate thread...this post should shortly be merged into your existing thread.

If you feel that thread is receiving inadequate attention, please just post a "bump" into it to elevate it back to the top of the list.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.