Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World

Contributor
sydneyp
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: AT&T

Why can't this forum be an app, or a mobile site?

Well, I'm a newbie to the Blackberry (Q10) and still not sure if I'm going to keep it.  But, I was wondering why this forum can't be turned into an app so I can read it and post to it from my phone.  Or, I don't know, maybe create a mobile version of this forum that's designed for mobile browsing? I attempted it on my Q10, but the screen is too small and no amount of pinching and stretching the text made it easier to read. 

It just seems kind of strange that Blackberry has this site for mobile users, and yet they don't even have a mobile version to read from their own Blackberry browser.  So...just a suggestion.  Unless there IS an app for this and I just haven't found it in Blackberry World.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
gutijose14
My Device: Blackberry Q10 (OS 10.2.1.3247)
My Carrier: Movilnet

Re: Why can't this forum be an app, or a mobile site?

Hello Sydneyp...

Very good your bounding Friend, your suggestion ... but since this would depend on application developers or application developers who take the trouble to create an application to chat directly from the website forums from the mobile ...

:smileyhappy:

Kudos ** Do not forget to give those people who help and advise you regarding your questions **

@ gutijose14

BBM Channels  PIN: C0007093A
Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution if the review has been SOLVED** # BBM 4LL4LL BlackBerry #ÉliteRoad Elite Make a backup of your BlackBerry
BlackBerry Protect and  BlackBerry Link constantly. BlackBerry #ichooseBlackBerry10 Gutijose14 Forums Advisor III  Gutijose14

Please use plain text.
Steve_T
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Virgin Media (Mobile)

[ Edited ]

Hi sydneyp,

Unfortunately there is no Mobile App for the Blackberry Forums, However there is a mobile version of the site if it isn't accessible by the built in browser I would recommend downloading and trying another browser like Opera this will give you access to the Mobile version of the forums

I hope this helps :smileyhappy:

Steve_T                                                                                                                                New to the Community click here  
Community Moderator
Likes2.png    AS3.png    CG2.png
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sydneyp

Thanks, Steve. I will try Opera this evening and let you know. There have been some other sites I've gone to where I can't get to the mobile site using my Blackberry, so, hopefully, Opera will work with them, too!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sydneyp

Well, Steve, I tried it.  Downloaded the file called minibb.jad from the Opera site.  Got a message saying I can't open on my Blackberry.  So, I looked for a list of supported devices and the Q10 is not one of them.  I dunno, I really like the phone, but things like this....frustrating!!!

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
RobGambino
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Bell

That is great idea to have app for this site! But The mobile site works wonders on my Z10 no problems!

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sydneyp

[ Edited ]

Hmm, that's interesting. Maybe because the Z10 has a bigger screen, and you can also view the site in landscape? It just doesn't come through well on my tiny screen. For me, if I try to stretch the text out so I can read it, I can't get a full line of text on my screen.

Actually I did find a solution.  I use my Ipod Touch to visit the blackberry.com site.  The mobile site comes through beautifully on the Touch. Kind of sad, though, that I have to use an Apple product to view the Blackberry site.

Please use plain text.
Steve_T
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Virgin Media (Mobile)

Hi,

Sorry to hear that didnt work, can you see the mobile site using a browser? if not then please try this link. http://supportforums.blackberry.com/?device-view=mobile    (found at the forum footer)

Please let me know if that link solves it for you :smileyhappy:

Steve_T                                                                                                                                New to the Community click here  
Community Moderator
Likes2.png    AS3.png    CG2.png
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
SGoodman
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: Telus Mobility

There is an app. The forum is part of the BlackBerry Community app.

Shane.

Z10 (version 10.2.1.3247)
LTE Playbook (version 2.1.0.1917)
Please use plain text.