Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

rajc5b
My Device: torch 9810
My Carrier: at&t
Accepted Solution

Why don't you support Toyota Entune App?

I have a blackberry 9810 from work and this is my first blackberry. I personally don't like the fact that there are hardly any apps that I can't get that everyone else with an android or Iphone can get.

This phone is from work and all of us sales reps are pushing for Androids / Iphones which i think we can get in August. We also have the option for the Z10 though I doubt I will get it because of the lack of capabilities/apps like this.

Just curious if we will be able to get the Entune app or if there is a workaround?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
RichardRSmith
My Device: Z10 STL100-3 S/W 10.1.0.2006 Internet Explorer 10.0.9200.16618
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Why don't you support Toyota Entune App?

[ Edited ]

The only work-around I have is actually pairing the Z10 to 2013 Toyota and able to use it for phone calls only.  None of the features of Navigation, nothing on Internet.  I turned off connection to music because that is what locked-up my Z10.  It keeps sending a pop-up reading that it cannot find music files.  This is a secure work phone.  I do not use it for music files.  So, I took a .wav file of a voice mail message where all I say is yes.  It would not take a blank message.  Then, I sent the e-mail to the Z10.  Then, I opened the .wav file.  Then, I saved the .wav file on the Z10.  Now, finally, I can connect the Z10 to the 2013 Toyota.  So, I can use the phone on the steering wheel.  That's all I've got, if that is what you mean by a work-around, rajc5b ?

I also got out my BlackBerry Bold 9870 and paired it to the Toyota and can also make and answer calls on the steering wheel.

I called Toyota who wrote the entune app.  They state that they in the future will work on the app for Z10.  Really sad actually, rajc5b.

I bought apple's new product.  Took it back. 

I bought the Android and I will give it apps.  I had a HTC.  Took that right back.

Maybe if I had bought the Samsung Galaxy. 

I bought the BlackBerry Z10.  I am keeping it.  Best BlackBerry phone I've had and I have had 10 BlackBerry phones going back to beginning and before that had many other phones.

I just went to BlackBerry World, and it doesn't even take you to a screen that entune doesn't work on Z10, rajc5b.  Of course they should do that.  Instead on a Google search I got to this :

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/53776/?platform=QNX&countrycode=US&lang=en_us&usera...

That supposedly is entune.  But, everything is now blanked-out on it, so you cannot even see the poor review rankings.

Sad, again.

I did download when I bought the Z10 several of the higher rated free apps.  I have seen no less than about 5 updates for each.  Every couple of days, they send me notices a new release is out of each.  Really sad.  I am not wasting my time uploading new app s/w releases every 5 minutes.

With the help of folks on this forum donating their time, I have a working phone.

Just none of the features of entune.

Except the phone works.

Well, sort of.  Remember the .wav file me saying yes I saved on the Z10 ?

I hear that in the car about every 3 minutes.  Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Before that, I had a pop-up saying no music files found.

How absolutely bloody silly.

I need a pop-up to tell me that ?

That pop-up pops-up every 5 seconds.  Can never get to do anything on the BlackBerry Z10 because of it.  Totally locks it up.

Now, I can use it but listen to yes now every 3 minutes.

So, no.

Give Thumbs-Up if helps you, or say Solution Accepted, or say Like.
Please use plain text.
bbcnutt
My Device: blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Why don't you support Toyota Entune App?

I have a Blackberry Bold 9900 I have a link to the entune app that works on my bold when you first start it you will get a miising backgroud page. At that point hit the blackberry button and you should get to the apps page. Then hook up to the car. Workes for me http://www.theiexplorers.com/OTA/ToyotaEntune/ToyotaEntune.jad
Please use plain text.