Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Developer
Developer
jtv
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 3 UK
Accepted Solution

WiFi HotSpot Connection

Dear BlackBerry Community

I have had my BBTorch 9800 OS6 over a year now which is a fantastic phone which compliments any work I undertake, as I do use my phone as a modem.

I find that at times I may have to text but this puts pressure on the connection plugs, when connected to the PC.

I have been trying to find a BB App which contains a WiFi Hotspot connector, one where I do not have to put pressure of the components of both my BB phone and PC.

I understand the Torch 9810 carries this application as standard, can this application be installed on the Torch 9800 but also found in our BlackBerry App World.

Any info concerning this will be much appreciated.

Yours Sincerely

JTV 

JTValerie
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: WiFi HotSpot Connection

Hello,

Please refer to this KB:

• KB31857 How to setup and manage a Mobile Hotspot Connection

The hotspot function is limited to 1) your carrier allowing such and 2) having OS 7.1 on your BB. HotSpot is not an add-on app available via any means other than meeting those two contingencies.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
jtv
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 3 UK

Re: WiFi HotSpot Connection