Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
billyb279
My Device: Playbook

Xploding boxes

i had purchased the full version of xploding boxes on my playbook.  that playbook got ruined so i had replaced it.   when i reinstalled xploding boxes back it wouldnt let me have the full version.  i tried to upgrade within the game but it said my method of payment was not available on playbook

please help

thank you

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Xploding boxes

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

If you used AppWorld to obtain this app as well as used the same BB ID on your old and new PBs, then the license should have migrated from your old one over to your new one and allowed you to reinstall it. Please clarify that you have properly done that (used the exact same BB ID on both devices).

Thanks!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
billyb279

aye, i had signed in on appworld..signed in with my blackberry id

but still isnt migrating to my new playbook, this is frustrating cause it was on my old playbook...

i reinstalled it on my bold 9700 and it granted me the full game again...

i uninstalled it again on the playbook then reinstalled it

and nothing  just the free 25 levels...

ugh

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

[ Edited ]

Hmmm...it's good that it worked on your 9700...but I honestly can't (yet) find reference to if it should actually work on the PlayBook or not. I've seen some conflicting information on that point, so I'm not positive. Nevertheless, I suggest that you clear the AppWorld application cache:

• KB24714 How to clear the BlackBerry App World cache

Let's see if that allows it to reload your purchase records and allow it to install to this new BB.

Also, see this KB:

• KB28543Expectations when using the same BlackBerry ID on multiple devices

When you logged into your existing BB ID on this new PB, did you receive the prompt as indicated in that KB?

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
billyb279

hello again, thanks for all the help.....
buuuuut....lol
there has been no progress i checked out the links that were sent and tried them.
is there a time limit on the license?
yes it asked me to associate this pb with my bbid
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Hmmm...well, I've no idea what the licensing terms are, you would need to research the AppWorld catalog along with perhaps directly communicating with the Developer. Indeed, contacting the developer might be your best option as they can then decide if they a) wish to help you out with this device switch (they could, for instance, separately send you a license key) and b) if they perhaps have an issue with AppWorld (for which they would need to, via channels available only to them, contact RIM to resolve).

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

when did you buy the full game? I am not sure that the inapp payments were at the time stored in your AppWorld account.

Anyway, I think you are not the only one with that problem. I suggest you contact the developer of XPloding Boxes.

contact email is in right column here :

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/26560/

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: