Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World

New Contributor
randdon
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

You NEED MORE APPS !!!!!

Blackberry ... you need more apps!

More Business apps and consumer apps. You need a team of people calling banks, utilities and the like to start developing for BB10 platform! If you don't, you will suffer the consequences. People will find out they are missing the apps they are used to and abandon the platform. I am feeling a bit left out already. I have gone through this with a couple of phones now, such as WebOS. You need to put another push on to get more useful apps on the roll.

Your claim to apps was misleading and enough apps don't work or work properly! You included movies, TV shows and music as apps as I do not see the number of apps in the apps and games section.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,839
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: You NEED MORE APPS !!!!!

1. Could you specify which apps?

2. Could you push that developer to create that app?

While I agree that BlackBerry has been behind the line on apps, anyone with knowledge would also agree that BlackBerry has been very much on top of the game the past six months in pushing app developement. They certainly know this is a priority.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
randdon
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Yes, absolutely they have, but as I stated, they had to have included music titles and videos in their count before launch!

As most apps are provider driven, ie banks, utility companies, retailers etc. the majority of apps are driven from that end. BB needs to start contacting and encouraging them to start on BB10 apps. Many are waiting to see what happens and most of this is U.S. driven. Until BB launches there, as soon as the cell companies get going at it, we will have a lack of apps being produced. It's a gun to the head scenerio. Palm did this with WebOS and look where Palm ended up.

One of my biggest mad on's and not just BB10 but all smartphone apps, ePub's. Whatever is left out of the smartphone version that prohibits the reading of most non DRM ePubs on smartphones that can be read on a tablet ... needs to be changed, this would be a boon for BB if they were the first to get that! Native Outlook sync, but we know this is a Balmer / BB fight that is not going to be solved easily. Native IP printing ... come on ... it's not that hard.

We are missing things like Zork, lots of ring tones, business forms etc. etc.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

randdon wrote:

Yes, absolutely they have, but as I stated, they had to have included music titles and videos in their count before launch!

Actually, no, they didn't.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
pulkitkkr
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

[ Edited ]

A New Security App Save_Me Coming soon!!!

Brother Don't worry I am developing a new and better one you will like it as in today's world where rape cases and  security is really necessary I am making an app which will save you Just in one click share your position to bbm ,SMS ,email , Facebook and blow up an siren so that u can be helped  

Please Like this reply to support development      

Please use plain text.
vikrammaria
My Device: z10
My Carrier: starhub

I agree that many apps are missing from the platform. I live in singapore and got my z10 just y day it didn't realise how many were missing. I mean I was using more apps on the earlier bb6 platform. Pl add these apps as they are essential for a city like singapore:

Comfort delgro taxi booking and other taxi booking (used daily by office folks when they wanna get a cab)

Whatsapp

Google maps

SG next bus ( another travel app to check bus schedules)

And many more practical news apps are also missing like Thomson routers and BBC news, while these were available on the old BlackBerry platforms
Please use plain text.
JSanders

Have you contacted those companies to urge them to develop those specific apps for the BB10 OS?

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
vikrammaria
My Device: z10
My Carrier: starhub

I have not. But that's a good point. Will do so.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Varshmarsh
My Device: Blackberry z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Ya like Draw something Temple run Subway surf 4 pics 1 word Icon pop quiz Oven break Flow Fun run Fruit ninja Oovoo or Skype ( preferably Skype) Timeplay (it says its not available on my device- bb z10)
Please use plain text.
Contributor
akshaychadha
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Vodafone

Whatsapp

Available on BB World

Google maps

Sideload Google Maps from bar file

Please use plain text.