Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
Tony C
My Device: Not Specified

app stopped during download and will not restart

I was downloading the new Facebook app, but it stopped 3/4 the way through it.  Now it won't start again (it's saying it's downloading, but it hasn't moved in 4 hours).  I've tried the battery reset, clearing the cache, and even deleting BB App World.  I reinstalled App World, but it's still showing in the My Apps area the same thing:  Downloading...  432/662 KB  it's just stuck there.

Anyone have any ideas on how to clear the My Apps download list and cancel a download in process?

I have a BB Curve 8330 on Verizon Wireless version 4.5 software with the new version of BB App World (obviously from the recent install).  I'm also running on Personal, NOT enterprise.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
BBerryDragon
My Device: Not Specified

Re: app stopped during download and will not restart

You might first go under applications on the BlackBerry and see if the Facebook application is listed.  Then see if you can delete the application.  It is also a good idea to make sure you have enough memory available on the BlackBerry to complete the download.  Then attempt to install the application again.  Let us know how it goes.

Please use plain text.