Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
berkdemir
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: .
Accepted Solution

app world does not start

Hey,
I am new please help me with my problem.
I have all the data plans etc. I was using my app world, until I update it. When I clicked it after update, it didn't respond, just like I never clicked it. When I searched the internet for this problem, I found something but none of them had work. Os 6.
At least can you give me older version links to download and setup from bb. In one thread, there was a link but it didn't work for me.
I messed up the post but I hope you understood me.
Regards
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: app world does not start

Hi berkdemir

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Have you performed a reboot on your BlackBerry after performing this update ? Please do it by removing the Battery while your device is Powered On then wait for at least a minute then reinsert it back, your device may take a long reboot . After reboot please check if your current issue resolves.

If still having problem with BlackBerry App World then you can try reinstalling the same .To do that first On your Homescreen Go to Options > Device > Application Management > Locate and delete Blackberry World from that list .

KB10040  :How to view or remove installed application on a blackberry smartphone

Once you have deleted Perform a battery pull restart by removing the battery while your device is Powered On wait for a min. then reinsert it back .

Finally use your BlackBerry browser and browse to www.blackberry.com/appworld/download and download the most recent version available .

Try it and let us know how it goes.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
berkdemir

I tried this several times of course. Didn't work.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi there,

Have you tried to Re-Install BlackBerry World in the same manner as suggested ? Please try it once again in the same manner and post back with results.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
berkdemir

Yes, I tried? I said I searched the internet. I tried every possible solution. And probably in another post you answered I tried these things. I want older version of app world.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

If you're having problem with most recent version BlackBerry World then permanent fix will be to update your device OS to any higher OS version from your Carrier or any other .

Meanwhile can you use you BlackBerry browse and browse through this link http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=appworld3 to download App World version 4.0.0.55. 

Good luck.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
berkdemir

Same problem occurs with the version you gave. Also my os is up to date.
Please use plain text.
tvsquared
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: ATT

I have the same problem.  I have read serveral articles stating same thing.  I have been trying for several weeks to update the app, but got web page stating needed to check country availablity (US), but no option after that.  I've also tried deleting the app off and trying to reinstall after several batt pull reboots, but no luck.  Just keep ending up at the same place with the update page telling me to check county availability.  Tried the direct URL approach listed in this article, but again, no luck.  Frustrated....

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
berkdemir

Not the same issue.
I managed to open it with the above instruction about downgrading. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Reed_
My Device: Z30 and Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: vodafone

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem: AppWorld does not work anymore on my 9780 with firmware 6.0.0.723.

No errors, no messages. As I never clicked the icon.

I tried everything (except a wipe) with no success.

Please use plain text.