Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Reply
Elite II
prince2012
Posts: 7,960
Registered: ‎06-01-2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: app world does not start


Reed_ wrote:

I have the same problem: AppWorld does not work anymore on my 9780 with firmware 6.0.0.723.

No errors, no messages. As I never clicked the icon.

I tried everything (except a wipe) with no success.

 


Hi Reed

 

Have you tried to Install the version that I suggested above ?

___________________________________________________________________________

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Reed_
Posts: 9
Registered: ‎09-04-2013
My Device: Bold 9780 and Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: vodafone

Re: app world does not start

Do you mean disinstall and reinstall app world from www.blackberry.com/appworld/download ? Yes, I did. But the problem still remains. Also after a battery pull.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
Posts: 7,960
Registered: ‎06-01-2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: app world does not start


Reed_ wrote:

Do you mean disinstall and reinstall app world from www.blackberry.com/appworld/download ? Yes, I did. But the problem still remains. Also after a battery pull.


No .. I mean if you're having problem with the most recent version then first delete BlackBerry World from Options > Device > Application Management > locate and delete it , perform a battery pull restart . After reboot try to Install version 4.0.0.55 from here http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=appworld3  using your BlackBerry browser.

___________________________________________________________________________

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Reed_
Posts: 9
Registered: ‎09-04-2013
My Device: Bold 9780 and Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: vodafone

Re: app world does not start

[ Edited ]

prince2012 wrote:

No .. I mean if you're having problem with the most recent version then first delete BlackBerry World from Options > Device > Application Management > locate and delete it , perform a battery pull restart . After reboot try to Install version 4.0.0.55 from here http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=appworld3  using your BlackBerry browser.


Just tried, nothing has changed.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
Posts: 7,960
Registered: ‎06-01-2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: app world does not start


Reed_ wrote:
Just tried, nothing has changed.

Hey Reed_

 

Have you installed the previous version ?

 

If you have then after installing when you click on BlackBerry App World what happen ?

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Reed_
Posts: 9
Registered: ‎09-04-2013
My Device: Bold 9780 and Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: vodafone

Re: app world does not start

[ Edited ]

prince2012 wrote:
Hey Reed_

 Have you installed the previous version ?

 

If you have then after installing when you click on BlackBerry App World what happen ?

 

 


Yes, I have installed the 4.0.0.55 version. But it does not work: I clink the appicon and nothing happens

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Vincentgrant01
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎09-25-2013
My Device: TBD
My Carrier: 019199012710

Re: app world does not start

My problem is same to berkdemir,but do not any solution . Please boy's help me to solve this problem.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Reed_
Posts: 9
Registered: ‎09-04-2013
My Device: Bold 9780 and Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: vodafone

Re: app world does not start


prince2012 wrote:
Hey Reed_

 

Have you installed the previous version ?

 


I solved upgrading the os version to 6.0.0.756.

When i run the appworld version that came with the new os, appworld went in loop asking me to upgrade itself infinitely.
So I removed appworld from application manager and resintalled from

http://worldwide.blackberry.com/my/appworld/download.jsp

Now everything works fine.

 

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
Posts: 7,960
Registered: ‎06-01-2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: app world does not start


Reed_ wrote:
I solved upgrading the os version to 6.0.0.756.

When i run the appworld version that came with the new os, appworld went in loop asking me to upgrade itself infinitely.
So I removed appworld from application manager and resintalled from

http://worldwide.blackberry.com/my/appworld/download.jsp

Now everything works fine.


 

Hey Reed_

 

I'm glad that you're able to fix your issue with BlackBerry App World :smileyhappy:

 

But...upgrdaing the OS is the first suggestion that I already adviced within this Solved Thread  . 

___________________________________________________________________________

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
hircos
Posts: 25
Registered: ‎11-24-2009
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone uk

Re: app world does not start

[ Edited ]
Still not working Oops wrong thread I wrote on!!!
Please use plain text.