Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Contributor
Adrian34
My Device: BlackBerry BOLD 9000

app world + personal email plan + wifi

[ Edited ]

i downloaded the app world but i can use it. it says i should upgrade to a plan than can browse the net. i have the unlimited personal email/im plan from rogers and i have wifi on my bb. if i have wifi why can't i use it. RIM why are you always such [removed inapropriate langauge]. Apple's app store can be used over wifi why can't yours?

Message Edited by dany_s on 04-04-2009 07:22 PM
Please use plain text.
Developer
millju4
My Device: Blackberry 8330

Re: app world + personal email plan + wifi

It may help to proofread the first sentence of your blog before slandering the very service that can help you..... Grammar is key.

However, this is a known BB issue and they are working on a fix.  If you did some forum research you will see this has been an ongoing issue. 

Please refrain from the language in the future. 

Thanks- Hope that helps!

If I successfully help you with an issue, thank you for clicking "kudos" in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Adrian34
My Device: BlackBerry BOLD 9000

my bad for the language i was just angry that i couldn't use the app world which i have been waiting so long to try out

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Serco
My Device: Not Specified

Hi millju4,  I agree with you for the language of Adrian34, but I agree also with adrian34 for the way that Blackberry respect their customers without an internet service plan.

What is your source for the info they work on a fix for the wi-fi problem??   On the knowledge database, nothing about it.  On the BB App World forum, nothing about it.  No reply from any RIM employee about the wi-fi problem......

Serco

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

[ Edited ]

As has been stated elsewhere, a data plan is required to use App World.  This question has been asked and answered several times.  RIM has no need to provide their rational for this, but I have a feeling we can probably put at least some of the blame on the carriers.

(BTW, because you opened this one up for debate by putting this out there... :smileytongue:  I guess we could say then why not go to the iPhone?? Hmm, I can think of a few reasons - basically each manufacturer has a different set of features and when selecting your phone, it's up to each person to figure out which features work best for them).

In the meantime, you should be able to download most apps manually by doing a search for them.  Most are also available via the developer's websites or on other app stores.

Message Edited by Krypto on 04-04-2009 02:02 AM

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.