Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
deadgin
My Device: curve 8520

app world refresh connection problem

i have an unusual problem with app world. I can buy apps and download apps fine my problem is every time i try refreshing my past purchases i get the message " we cannot connect you to blackberry app world . please check commedction and try again" i have tried everything i can think of including wiping hand set and starting from scratch.

anyone got any suggestions

Please use plain text.
Retired
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: app world refresh connection problem

Hello deadgin,

Does your BlackBerry have a Wi-Fi connection enabled? If so, try disconnecting from the Wi-Fi and then refresh.

Also, what version of AppWorld are you using? Go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Applications

or Options -> Applications and look for the version number.

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JameB
My Device: Bold 9900, Pearl 8130

Having the same problem. I'm running the v2-36 and all the permissions are set to Allow.

I am on Pearl 8130 and running OS 4.5.0.127

- I can't download any applications. I get a 'This application is not available in App World' error.

- I can't set up PayPal information. It tells me my password is incorrect when I know it is correct.

- I can't upgrade existing apps, apps that are free.

If there is no solution to these problems, can I get a certain date by which you hope to resolve the issue?

Please use plain text.
Retired
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Hey JameB,

Were you able to log in with your BlackBerry ID? To ensure your ID works, try going to www.blackberry.com/blackberryid from a computer and test logging in.

Are you getting any error when trying to update free applications?

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JameB
My Device: Bold 9900, Pearl 8130

[ Edited ]

Somehow the problem is now fixed. All I did is uninstall App World after getting frustrated yesterday night and restarted the phone.

I just installed the app world again and everything works fine! I can log into the App World, download apps and I just set up my PayPal!

However, I know a lot of people are still having problems so:

I was able to log in with my blackberry id on my computer yesterday night. But I couldn't log in from my phone. I also wasn't able to set up PayPal.

When I tried to download apps, I kept getting error message after like 3-4 minutes saying the "Blackberry App World could not connect to Blackberry <something>. Please check your network connections and try again."  I had my MSN running and I was searching Google for possible solution while I received this message. So obviously it wasn't that my phone's data services were disabled.

EDIT: I just restarted the phone and again I got the same "can't connect to App World Server" error. Then after restarting one more time, it was fine again. I hope you guys release a stable version of App World soon..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
absinthe77
My Device: Blod 9700

hello, same problem for me here in France ! -> I am on 3G (plus the icon blackberry) and when I try to open the detail of the application I have this message : "we cannot connect you to blackberry app world . please check commedction and try again" and I phone go back to 3G (without the blackberry icon).

I've also checked the aplication autorisations and all are on 'allow".

Could you help me please ?

Please use plain text.