Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

sameercassim
My Device: 9800 torch
Accepted Solution

app world upgraded now icon is missing and even search doesn't find appworld

Hi I upgraded my 9800 torchs app world on 0s6 now the icon and app is completely gone and nothing I try helps does anyone have a solution for my prob
Visitor
melz3000
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: app world upgraded now icon is missing and even search doesn't find appworld

I have had the exact same problem with my torch 9800 it is driving me insane! Someone please help!! Melanie
BlackBerry Development Advisor
splashwire
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9930; LTE PlayBook; BlackBerry Z10

Re: app world upgraded now icon is missing and even search doesn't find appworld

Hello Everyone,

Can you share the following information with us please?

1. The complete Device OS Version Number (so 6.X.X.X)

2. Device Type (with Model Number)

3. Can you confirm if you rebooted when the device asked you to please?

(Typing "myver" followed by a space in an email compose window will display the required information, for alternatively, you can also find this information if you go to "settings" > "about")

New Contributor
Oran

I am having the same issue. My phone is a Torch 9800, OS 6.0 bundle 695. I rebooted as well as re-installed.
Contributor
mothaw

Splashwire, there are thousands of people with the same problem, seemingly (mostly) those with Torch, 9800, OS 6.0 bundle 695 (9800/6.0.0.246). I did everything suggested, even a wipe, and lost all of my previously-downloaded applications and data on media-card. HELP! PLEASE!
BlackBerry Development Advisor
splashwire
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9930; LTE PlayBook; BlackBerry Z10

Folks, The current workaround appears to be to downgrade your AppWorld client to version 4.0.0.55. This can be done by visiting the following link in your browser

http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=appworld3

Please give this a try and let us know, how it went for you.

Contributor
mothaw

@Splashwire, thanks a lot; the icon is back on my home screen. I'm sure I'll be able to reinstall the lost apps. Thanks, again, for your prompt response and support. W
Elite II
tanzim

Check the knowledge-base article on this issue -

• KB29422 BlackBerry App World icon is missing after upgrading to BlackBerry App World 4.0.0.63

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
Oran

I re-installed the older version which brought the icon back. However My World is empty. All of the aps are still on my phone but not listed.

Elite II
tanzim

Clear the app world cache as mentioned in the below link -

• KB24714 How to clear the BlackBerry App World cache

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit