Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: app world will not let me download

I am in South Africa, on Vodacom, I've got a BB 9300 3G/Wi-Fi curve,app world version 2.0.1.0.1 I think the latest one. It worked fine until I got a message to upgrade and when I did it stopped working. My service is BIS. I am certain its the new version...
Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520

:smileyhappy: In Trinidad and Tobago with Bmobile: Blackberry Curve 8520, running OS 5.0.0.681 and App World 2.0.1.12.

Thanks Much.
Tomorrow is promised to no-one.
Contributor

Yes that app world 2.0.1.12
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

I spoke with one of my contacts here and they reiterated that if you delete your BB ID and re-create it (or create a new one altogether), that should work.  Since it's not though, both of us are in agreement that it may be a good idea to start from scratch again.  So try the following and see if it helps.

1. Delete your BB ID (or prepare to create a new one).

2. Uninstall App World, reboot your device and then reinstall App World from http://www.blackberry.com/appworld (do this on your device).

3. Open App World and when prompted, recreate your BlackBerry ID (or create a new one).

Does this now work? 

If it doesn't, then the next step may be to reload your OS using the steps in the following link, followed by recreating your BB ID once you've reinstalled the OS and App World.  While this is an extreme way to deal with this, it will remove anything that's in the OS or other apps that may be interferring with things.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Device-Software/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-Syste...

Keep me posted as to how that all goes and hopefully it will work for you now.

In the meantime, RIM is still trying to resolve this issue on their end, so hopefully we'll have more news soon.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Contributor

Hey Krypto,

I deleted my BB I'd and app world last night and waited till this morning to make sure it had cleared. I reloaded app world and tried to create my BB ID again and I got a message saying that there was already a BB ID registered to my email address... Is it possible to have been hacked or is the BB network just not registering that I deleted my ID? Anyways, so I decided to reset my password on the existing I'd and it said that there was an error while trying to change my password.... Should I reset the OS or is there something else that needs to be done... Thanks for your help so far.
Elite I

Hey kjgreene,

Ok, that's just plain annoying that's for sure!  Let me see what I can do for you.  :smileyhappy:

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Retired
My Carrier: Bell

kjgreene wrote:
Hey Krypto,

I deleted my BB I'd and app world last night and waited till this morning to make sure it had cleared. I reloaded app world and tried to create my BB ID again and I got a message saying that there was already a BB ID registered to my email address... Is it possible to have been hacked or is the BB network just not registering that I deleted my ID? Anyways, so I decided to reset my password on the existing I'd and it said that there was an error while trying to change my password.... Should I reset the OS or is there something else that needs to be done... Thanks for your help so far.

Hello kjgreene,

Send me a private message with your BlackBerry PIN (found in Options>Status) and the email address you used to register for your BlackBerry ID and I will investigate for you :smileyhappy:

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold

I am also having similar problems with the BlackBerry ID & App World...

BlackBerry Bold 9000

v5.0.0.1036

Latest version of App World

Vodafone UK

I have tried changing my Blackberry ID password, re installing App World, and various other things. 

How do I delete my BlackBerry ID so that I can create a new one?

Helen T

Elite I

Hi there Helen,

You can delete your current BlackBerry ID by finding the welcome email you received when you first signed up for your BlackBerry ID.  Find that email and take a look for a link that let's you delete your BlackBerry ID.

I hope that helps!

My Device: 9300 3g/wi fi curve

I am am also having the same problem, it was all working fine until i did the new update and being new to the bb world altogether I have no clue how to uninstall things.

I am with Vodafone have the bb 9300 3G/WiFi curve.

Previously with the old app world version i didnt need to login with a bb ID so i didnt create one, so when I tried to use the new version I clicked on create BB ID all I get is the loading screen it doesnt do anything else, so I came on line and signed up online, got my confirmation email it was all set up and still have the same problem just get the loading screen when i try to do anything in app world.

I have re installed the new version multipule times in the hope that it would do something and it doesnt :smileysad:

Please help me :smileysad: