Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Contributor
yhayen03
My Device: 9300 3g
My Carrier: Globe
Accepted Solution

appworld is not working after software update

Nothing happens when I click the appworld icon, Ive deleted the appworld in the apps management, reboot my device and install it again. And still won't work. I've done this several times and the appworld icon still won't work.Pls help. I recently updated my 9300 from OS5 to OS6.
Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: appworld is not working after software update

Hello yhayen03

Please refer to your other post http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-World/App-World-does-not-open/td-p/1782151/page/2

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
yhayen03

Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
yhayen03

Hi! Unfortunately, after reinstalling my apps and rebooting the device, I still have the same problem (note that I didn't update my appworld to the latest version). I guess I have to delete and reinstall it everytime I reboot my fon but if you still have other options to fix my problem, I would appreciate that. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi yhayen03

If problem reappearing I would suggest reinstalling the same , do it all over again :

1. Delete BlackBerry World from options > Device > Application Management > Delete BlackBerry World .

• KB10040  :  How to view or remove installed application on a blackberry smartphone

2 After deleting Reboot your device by removing the Battery while your device is Powered On wait for a min. then re-insert it back .

3. Then from your BlackBerry Browser browse to or Click http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=appworld3 to download version 4.0.0.55 .After installing your device may prompt for a restart .

Once it is done , Go to Options > Device > Application Management > Locate and Highlight BlackBerry World > Press the Menu key > Click on Edit  Default Permissions > Be sure that Connections ,  Interactions are set to Allow.

Please try it and let us know.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
yhayen03

Somewhat, I've download the latest version of the appworld earlier, and when I'm on the blackberry site, I tried to download the appworld again and replace it with the one I have (same version) and so far, I'm not having any problems yet. But I'll try that if it happens again.
What I'm concern now is I can't view any pdf files and documents anymore. I remember that I have documents to go before but I can't find them anymore. I checked the uninstalled apps in the appworld. Is there a way that you can me again? Thanks
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi yhayen03

Well its good to know that your BlackBerry World is working fine :smileyhappy:

Regarding D2G it does come with the OS, if you are having problem locating it then Connect your device and run Desktop Software > Click on Application , wait till it refresh your application list , scroll down and see if you are able to view Document To Go , if you find it Click On + to add it on your device.

Or refer to this Knowledge Base :

KB23374 :  How to install Documents To Go Files 2.0 for BlackBerry smartphones

Please use plain text.
Contributor
yhayen03

I see, I'll do that later, but what if I can't find it? Just a thought. :smileyhappy:

Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

[ Edited ]

Hi yhayen03

You will able to find it , if you're unable to view D2G then be sure that you have installed Device Software on your PC . you can download the OS pack from here  BlackBerry Software Download Site just locate you carrier and download the file for your device model .

Or refer to that Knowledge Base you can download it OTA .

Let us know if you feel any issue.

Please use plain text.