Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

adamariefbold9900
My Device: bold 9900

bbm stuck on "setting up bbm" screen.

I just bought blackberry bold 9900 last month. I already downloaded some apps including bbm.but when I open bbm, it keep stuck on blue screen shows "setting up bbm".I have been waiting for a long time. I thought that its cause by my os7.maybe they not capable. Someone please help me! Is there others person who experienced sama problem with me? Please do help me! :smileysad:
Forums Advisor II
aiharkness
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Re: bbm stuck on "setting up bbm" screen.

Take a look at post #5 at http://forums.crackberry.com/general-bbm-chat-f404/stuck-bbm-setting-up-bbm-862941/

I don't know if that's the solution, but worth a try.  Post back if it is the fix for you.  

- Ira
New Contributor
De_Viper
My Device: Curve 8520

try rebooting your phone n start over bk n see if tht help!

mhmdahmed97
My Device: Bold 9900

I rebooted my phone with taking out the battery and everything but BBM remains stuck on 'setting up BBM'.. With the disc rotating.. I restarted the phone about 4 times and I also have the Internet package ... EDGE.. Should I get a 3G package?
Forums Advisor II
aiharkness
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

@mhmdahmed97 3G versus EDGE isn't the issue.

Do you have a BlackBerry data plan on your line? Does the status indicator show that you are connected to BlackBerry? Did you try the fix suggested at the link posted above?
- Ira