Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
Rhenrymarriott
My Device: Blackberry Bold
My Carrier: Smartone

blackberry ID completely burned

I set up my blackberry ID wrong by misspelling my email address which was also the username. I can't seem to register again as the device has saved the Blackberry ID username and reverts to that after I tried to re-register. I tried tried going through setup again but it doesn't work. I need to delete the previous ID. Can anyone at Blackberry help?
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: blackberry ID completely burned

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I'll start with your final question...

Rhenrymarriott wrote:
Can anyone at Blackberry help?

Via this forum, no...as was presented when you signed up here, this is a user-to-user community of volunteers. It is not a channel for any formal support from, escalation to, nor communications with BlackBerry for anything whatsoever.

With that out of the way -- there is a fix for your issue:

• KB26694 How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone

Your BB is associated to that incorrect BB ID you created. The only way to change that association is via the device WIPE, after which you will create a brand new BB ID, and simply abandon the old one.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Rhenrymarriott

This didn't work. After I wiped my apps, I still had the old Blackberry ID associated with the same smartphone. I did get a new Blackberry ID but I couldn't use it. Isn't there a help desk that can wipe it?
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Really? That is quite odd, for that process has worked for hundreds (maybe thousands?) of other folks. I'd like to help further, but I'd need more information. For instance, what exactly do you mean by "I couldn't use it"?

As I said earlier, there are contractual restrictions preventing BlackBerry from providing any direct front line end user support. If you want formal assistance, you start with your mobile service provider, who can escalate into BlackBerry if required.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Rhenrymarriott

Ok it works after a complete wipe but I managed to get confused about data backup and have lost my contacts and photos. I thought I could recover these from Blackberry Protect. Are they completely gone or can my provider restore them?
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

I don't know if any providers do any sort of backup for your data...typically, the user is responsible for all of that. This might be helpful:

If you indeed had what Protect could back up backed up, then if you used the exact same BB ID credentials, your data should still be there available for restore:

• KB25063 How to use BlackBerry Protect to restore data to a BlackBerry smartphone

If you used different BB ID credentials, then of course Protect can't show you anything because all that it does is tied to the BB ID account. Then again, there is this:

• KB31489 BlackBerry Protect for BlackBerry smartphones does not display any backup files to restore

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.