Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
Elaine1984
My Device: Blackberry 9360

Re: blackberry app world not working

Hi,

Im am logged on to this forum using my work computer, i do not have the BB desktop software and due to company rules i cannot install it.

is there not other way?
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Hi Elaine1984,

Yes without Desktop Software also you can Reload your Device OS ,Have a look KB29847  all you need is a usb cable and a PC or Laptop.But I don't know if your Work Computer allows it or not. But before have you  uninstall watsapp if not then uninstall it then have a try and see if it allow to uninstall . 

And if your work Computer does'nt allow it will be better to perform it at Home PC 

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
Elaine1984

i have uninstalled whatsapp , and it worked . but when i tried to uninstall the appworld after that it did the same thing , rebooted
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Hi Elaine1984

So as I said Reloading your device software will be the best option I think.

Prince

JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Elaine, please do this...

With your 9360 on the homescreen, Do a simple reboot on the BlackBerry in this manner: With the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot.

Now, AFTER that reboot, go to Options > Device > Applications and scroll to AppWorld and DON'T open but just scroll to the AppWorld line and press the menu key > Delete.

Then, after it deletes, do yet another reboot as described above.

Now, as advised by Prince above, use your BlackBerry browser to go to www.blackberry.com/appworld, and reinstall AppWorld again.

let me know if that works or reboots in the middle of doing it.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
Elaine1984

it reboots
Contributor
MightyManfred
My Device: Curve 8320

My phone has recently had the same problem. The cable connection to my PC web connection to appworl gives me "radio not turned on" error. When I try to load appworld on my phone (wifi - no data plan) I am told "a communication failure has occurred." Every time. Other web sites load on my phone just fine.

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

hello MightyManfred,

do I understand correctly ?
- your 8320 is connected to your WiFi network, there is no SIM card with BIS in it.
- on your PC browser, you are logged in the AppWorld
- you have linked your Curve to your PC through the USB cable
- you wish to install apps through the USB cable, but you have that error "a communication failure has occurred"

--> if you have WiFi, you do not need your PC to download apps. Just use AppWorld through WiFi.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

okay, so to use AppWorld through Wifi, you need a device with OS5, which means it is not possible with your 8320.

what is the version of AppWorld installed on your 8320, and what browser are you using?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
MightyManfred
My Device: Curve 8320

Thanks for your reply.

- your 8320 is connected to your WiFi network, there is no SIM card with BIS in it. Correct.
- on your PC browser, you are logged in the AppWorld Correct.
- you have linked your Curve to your PC through the USB cable Correct.
- you wish to install apps through the USB cable, but you have that error "a communication failure has occurred" This error message appears when I attempt to load appworld on my phone browser via my WiFi.

Whil connected via USB to appworld, I am told my radio is turned off and I cannot load apps.