Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
telis80
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9780

blackberry app world serious problem

Hello. I have the blackberry bold 9780 and I have a problem. When I try to do anything in Blackberry App World It shows the message "Blackberry app world is having a trouble connecting to the blackberry app world server. Verify your connections and try again "...
I have tryed anything
1)Upgrading and device version and the app's version to the last
2)Talked to the manager of my telephone company(told me to do 1)
3) Security Wiped the device! Didn't work..
4) I ve searched the whole web and forums and I can't find anything in blackberry forums...what can I do?
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: blackberry app world serious problem

Do you have a BB data plan on your telephone company account?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
telis80

Yeap
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

When it says it can't connect that means there is a problem with the data plan or data is turned off or out of coverage. Do other data apps work like BBMessenger?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
telis80

Yes all of them
Guru I
John_Clark

Has it ever worked? 

Do you live in one of the countries listed here:

http://www.blackberry.com/app_includes/devicesoftware/appworld/appworld_availability_en.html

New Contributor
telis80

Look I live in greece.. When I first got it I could download only the free ones.. I couldn't buy any app so I can pay it with the mobile bill.. So I called them and then the error appeared! I don't know what they may have changed...
Guru I
John_Clark

If that is the case then it sounds like something they are blocking at the carrier level. I'm not sure there's much anyone can do for you. Try calling the carrier back. Often times you'll get a different person who knows more than the first and may be able to help.
New Contributor
telis80

Ok thank you... I ll go at the carrier's office tomorrow