Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
mellybelly421
My Device: 9700 bold
My Carrier: telstra

blackberry application world conecction

everytime i go to connect to blackberry application worldon my bold 9700 it comes with that it can not connect to blackberry application server why is this,iam conected to wifi and it still wont work?

and suggestions on how i can fix it?

thanks

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mellybelly421

Re: blackberry application world conecction

HELP PLEASE I CANT WORK IT

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hello,

No need to shout...

Are you subscribed to the full BB/BIS level data plan? I believe that AppWorld requires such a plan, regardless of if you are using your carrier network or WiFi for access. See this FAQ:

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/What_do_I_need_a_Data_Plan_for%3F

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mellybelly421

umm dont know not even sure what that is sorry?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Well, if you read the FAQ that I linked, it provides a very good description. Please read it and then ask specific questions from it.

Thanks.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
blgtngl
My Device: 9800

blackberry application world conecction

I really need an urgent help because I am almost driving crazy!! coud anyone tell me why I cannot connect to the App World from my MacBook. everytime it says '' your operating sytstem doesnt support'' so I cant finish the setup in order to install new applications. ıs there a problem between Mac and Blackberry.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

blgtngl wrote:

I really need an urgent help because I am almost driving crazy!! coud anyone tell me why I cannot connect to the App World from my MacBook. everytime it says '' your operating sytstem doesnt support'' so I cant finish the setup in order to install new applications. ıs there a problem between Mac and Blackberry.

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

You are "installing" AppWorld to your MAC? As far as I understand, the PC/Mac level AppWorld capability is purely a web browser interface, not an app to be installed to your MAC. Or are you trying to install AppWorld to your BB and receiving this message? If that is the case, then please check this page to ensure you meet the minimum requirements (including if it is available in your country):

If it is available in your country and you feel you meet the device-level system requirements, then contact your carrier to ensure that you meet the service plan (from them) requirements for access (via their network) to AppWorld.

Lastly, do be aware that AppWorld is merely a portal, vending apps developed mainly by others. As such, it is not your exclusive procurement source -- there are others that you can try (e.g., Handango, Handmark, BPlay, GetJAR or Mobihand). I have found that there are very few apps that are exclusive to AppWorld. You can search the on-line catalog and then search out other procurement sources, including quite often the developer website itself.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mellybelly421

how do i get these data plans and how much are they?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

mellybelly421 wrote:

how do i get these data plans and how much are they?

You get a data plan from the same place you get all of your services for your BB -- your carrier. Each carrier sets their own pricing plans...with so many carriers in the world, it's impossible to keep up with their pricing.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mellybelly421

i still cant send or receive picture messages if there a settingi have to change

Please use plain text.