Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Contributor
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: cell c
Accepted Solution

blackberry id how do i delete the old one to create new one

I'm using a blackberry 8520 I'm struggling for some time now to create a new one. When I did setup my bid a friend helped and used her email instead. Now I forgot the password of the bid. I did da recovering procedure to get the password back. But I don't hav access to the email address that the password is being send to coz the email address doesn't exist anymore pls pls help I don't no wot to do anymore.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
JohnPiz
My Device: Bold 9900

Re: blackberry id how do i delete the old one to create new one

try this

https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbid/recoverpassword

Thank u John but I did use that link my password has been recovered but I can't check what the password is because it is being send to the blackberry I'd email address that I don't have excess to the email does not exist anymore. Will I ever get that password back. ?
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,925
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Read this:  Article ID: KB28232 BlackBerry ID reset email is not being delivered to the associated mailbox

Overview

When proceeding to reset the BlackBerry ID password either through the web or from the device, the reset email may not be delivered to the associated email account.
Cause

Please be advised of the following:

• For security purposes, the BlackBerry ID reset email will NOT be delivered to the device. The reset email must be accessed through the email account associated to the BlackBerry ID. See KB26361 for more information on this.
  • If a hosted email address (user@carrier.blackberry.net) is used as the BlackBerry ID username and the reset email is not received, refer to KB28111 which provides a workaround for this situation.
  • Ensure the reset email is not being filtered or being directed to the Junk Mail folder in the mailbox.
  • Some companies and mail providers use external filtering services to monitor email for spam (eg. Postini). Contact your mail administrator to see if an external filter is being used and to allow emails coming from bbidpw-donotreply@blackberry.com to be passed though.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Big thank u to John and JSanders. I found a very easy way deleting and creating a new blackberry id for my curve 8520. Also very convenient. Go to options select applications. When it opens all third party applications will appear. Right ontop of ur screen inda corner of ur right side will stand third party click on it nd it will give u 3options Third party ,Add on ,Core. Select Add on applications will again appear on ur screen move down nd look for blackberry Id ,click on it nd select delete nd amazingly it deletes just like that. Mwah wot a relieve people
Please use plain text.
Visitor
mary4
My Device: curve5820
My Carrier: mary

Plzz I need ur help because I want to delete my old blackberry I'd, hw do I do it? Plzzzzz
Please use plain text.
JSanders

You want to just delete the BBID and never use it again?

--Find the initial email you were sent to confirm the initial BlackBerryID, and in it is a link to click to cancel and delete the account. Click on that, delete the account and then you can use that same email to create an entirely new account.

If you just want to delete the current BBID on a BlackBerry and use another BBID on that BlackBerry:

How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
matsi
My Device: 9320
My Carrier: blackberry

Please help im using blackbery 9320 and i forgot my bbid nd also i cant access my email account that i used as a blackberryid

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Scroll up ONE post and read the link dealing with that.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.