Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 8520 curve
Accepted Solution

error 80003 cannot access bb ID update server

Hi,
Installed the latest version of bb application world yesterday, since then I can't go into app world, says I need to update my blackberry identity before I can enter the app world. When I click yes to update my bb ID it gives me an error "download failed, cannot retrieve the blackberry identity update server, please try again later, error 80003"
I tried to re-install app world, nothing seem to work, my bb ID worked fine on the previous version.

I have a bb curve 8520. Can anyone please help / tell me how to fix this?
Thanks
Lee
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520

Re: error 80003 cannot access bb ID update server

Hi Lee,

Im having the exact same problem. I updated my app world and my bbm this morning and when i rebooted,i lost my entire bbm and can't access my app world. Its giving me the same error code : 80003.

Nas
Contributor
My Device: curve 8520

Hi guys.
Having the same problem on mine.
I also have a 8520
New Contributor
My Device: 8520

I am having the same problem - mine froze and when I reinserted the battery, it kept on trying to restart.  I took it to the supplier who informed me that they need to send it away for repairs and it will take two weeks!  I managed to reload the software but lost all information.  This is extremely frustrating and hopefully someone out there can tell me how to fix the identity 80003 problem

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800

me too... on my Torche 9800. Anyone find a solution yet?

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8520

Hi Lee,

Having the same problem. Yesterday my phone was installing the bb id the whole day and night. Today it says it can't reach the bb id sever again. I think it's bb app world that is faulty. Not our phones or the software that's causing the problem. Think bb needs to do some maintenance in bb app world.
New Contributor
My Device: 8520

I've been recieving the exact same error?

Has no solution been found yet??

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 8520 curve

Nope no solution found yet that I know off, I deleted app world and tried to download a previous version, doesn't work as well, doesn't allow you to download previous versions.

I even tried updating my bb ID via pc modem / internet linked to my phone but also no luck.

I also tried to find info on whether RIM are aware of the problem and whether they're busy fixing it, but can't find any links or news on the status of this being attended to anywhere unless I'm looking in the wrong places so I don't see any hope anywhere at this stage...
Contributor
My Device: curve 8520

I have posted on their facebook account and on their twitter account and had no response from RIM at all...
My Device: 8520 Curve

Hi Guys,

Oops! by the look of things we all have the same problem, it seems as if BB is frustrating a lot lately. I updated my app world this morning and when i rebooted, and can't access my app world. Its giving me the same error code :smileysad:80003).