Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
ffaro
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodacom

Re: error 80003 cannot access bb ID update server

Who is you carrier? In other words who is your network service provider?

Kind Regards,

Fidel

Please use plain text.
Natasha159
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520

Hi All.  I had the excact same problem that whenever I want to access the app world it gives this message that the blackberry identity must be updated and when you want to update it it gives the error 80003 message.  After spending almost a whole saturday morning at vodashop trying to sort this out they wanted to send my phone away.  I refused.  Luckily I came accross someone with the same problem and his advice worked.  You have to connect your blackberry onto a wirless internet service.  Then try to update your ID and it is supposed to go through.  I could't believe it is so easy after I have been batteling for 2 months and nobody could help me.  The vodacom support team just keep on saying there is a problem with the app world but don't give you any sollution.  Try this, it works.  My phone is sorted now.

Please use plain text.
Natasha159
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520

It is acctually very easy to fix after I have been batteling for 2 months.  Not vodacom customer care or nobody could help me untill I came across someone with the sullotion.  You have to connect your blackberry onto a wirless internet network.  Then try to update your bb ID and it is supposed to go through.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,894
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

To all... RIM has now released a Knowledge Base article on this issue...

Article ID: KB29613 The error "BlackBerry Identity installation failed. Please try again later. (80003)" is displayed within BlackBerry App World

While that doesn't 'resolve' the issue, it offers the workarounds suggested in this thread.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
laasteguy
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: delano

Wats the solution peeps I keep on trying but nothing works I even feel stupid I wasted my money now I want to take the phone back what is this error 80003 yoh I tried everything guys I really need some help
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rutherfordvicky
My Device: blackberry curve
My Carrier: mtn

Hi go to options select advanced options click on TCP/IP on top u will c APN selec it and next to the APN below it type in internet and save the settings. Go to app centre install app world it will update your I'd and it should work after rebooting your phone! I had the same prob for two weeks finally discovered this and it worked:smileyhappy: good luck.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
leticia-ARG
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: movistar

Hi, the same is happening to me. I want to download WhatsApp Messenger and it says "error while installing Blackebrry Identity. Try again later". Does anyone know if ths is this something related to the device? I mean if I change my phone I woun´t have this problem, correct?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Meridian
My Device: Curve 8350
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Answer to ffaro - Carrier is Verizon & Model is bb curve 8350. Could the model be the issue?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Meridian
My Device: Curve 8350
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

@ Leticia - unfortunately, its most likely a Blackberry Issue & will not be any different if u relace ur current phone. I am on my 2nd BB Curve 8530 & the 2nd phone has more problems than the one I replaced.

I have given up. It's crazy that customers need to wait soooo long for even a reply on how to fix the issue. I am unable to connect to @ least 75%of the apps I downloaded including BB App World. Just look @ how many individual are having the same issues. I-phone here I come!

Good luck Leticia.
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,894
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Meridian wrote:

I have given up. It's crazy that customers need to wait soooo long for even a reply on how to fix the issue.

Oh my. The solution and workarounds to fix this has been posted in this thread alone 8-10 times, and dozens more across the forum in other sections. Read up.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.