Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Contributor
yhayen03
My Device: 9300 3g
My Carrier: Globe
Accepted Solution

file transfer from device to media card

Is there a way I can transfer all the apps (downloaded from appworld) from my device to my media card? I already enabled the media card support but there's no other option to transfer it.
And also, can I set my media card to default and save any future downloads from appworld? If its posible, how can I do that?

Pls help. Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: file transfer from device to media card

Hi yhayen03

Why you want to transfer those applications to your Media Card , those application should be installed on our device memory in order to run on our BlackBerry . However you can transfer your media files from your device menory to the media card .for help refer to this KB :

KB05478  Transfer  files  between  the Media card and device memory on a BlackBerry smartphone

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
yhayen03

Oh?! Because my device memory is below 15mb and I just reinstalled few apps that I have before upgrading. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi yhayen03

I predicted that you will face this issue as you recently upgraded to OS 6 , OS6 consumes more memory and if you want to install a few more apps or want a large device memory then it can be only possible if you downgrade to OS5.

Or remove any addition languages , unwanted applications and transfer all of your media files to your memory card. 

Cheers :smileyhappy:

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
yhayen03

Really? that's what I'm thinking now, but I'll enjoy this OS 6 first then maybe decide later.

A million thanks :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hey yhayen03

Sure enoy the new OS ! Unless you face any severe issues no need to downgrade , Battery Pull at a regular interval is enough to recover a few memory which is always adviced .

Take Care :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
yhayen03

Ok, I'll keep that in mind :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
yhayen03

hi! i'm planning to downgrading my OS back to OS5 then update it again with OS6. I just want to try if my problems now will have a solution. how can I do that? thanks
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi yhayen03

If you want to Downgrade your device software then follow those steps :

1.Locate your Carrier and Download the OS you desire from here  BlackBerry Software Download Site

• ( But make sure you are downloading for the same model as you have )

2. Now Double Click  the file that you Downloaded to Install it on your PC

3. Download and install the latest BlackBerry desktop software from here BlackBerry desktop software

• Then using desktop software perform your full backup of your device.

4.Search your C: drive for Vendor.xml and delete them, there may be one or two vendor.xml ( On your Pc change your folders option to show hidden files/folders ) :

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\Windows UserName\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

5. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (For 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path       will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe

Upgrade Or Downgrade will continue then After Installation of New OS restore your backup using BlackBerry desktop Software.

Try it and let us know if you feel any problem.

Please use plain text.