Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
monaaa
My Device: bold 9700

forgot Blackberry ID password & answer

please help i need my Blackberry ID password that i forgot and i also forgot the answer to the question , can i get

verification  email , I need it badly , and I can't create another  blackberry id since this one is connected to my  email

PLEASE HELP

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: forgot Blackberry ID password & answer

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Start first with these please:

• KB28685 How to reset the BlackBerry ID password using the password recovery question
  • KB32111 "The link is no longer valid." is encountered when attempting to reset a BlackBerry ID password
  • KB26361 How to change or reset the BlackBerry ID password
  • KB28111 Unable to reset BlackBerry ID password when using a BlackBerry hosted email address
  • KB28232 BlackBerry ID reset email is not being delivered to the associated mailbox

If you have forgotten your BB ID credentials AND have non-BB access (e.g., Outlook, webmail, etc.) to the email account that is currently configured to your BB ID account, then those instructions should allow you to recover access to your BB ID account.

However, if you do not have access to that email account, then your challenge is much greater, and you have a choice to make depending on your circumstances:

1. If you have no AppWorld records that you require to retain (e.g., purchase records for apps), then simply abandon the BB ID and create a new one. To do so, however, does require a device WIPE:
    • KB26694 How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone
  2. But, if you do have AppWorld records that you must keep, then you require human intervention. To receive that, you must ring up your mobile service provider and convince them to escalate your case up to BlackBerry. Further, you must convince BlackBerry to provide you with a solution -- which likely will either be resetting your current BB ID so that you can again access it or having you create a new BBID and they will manually move your purchase records over. Note that I have no idea if they will be willing to do this, but there is no other way that I know of to retain your prior AppWorld purchase records.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
monaaa
My Device: bold 9700

Hi, thank you for your quick reply

I have tried these steps but it is not useful because as I said I can't remember the password, so how can I log in to my account. And I can't remember the answer to my recovery question so how can I get to my account, why can't you send a verification email to my email , it should go as this video show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7eFPa0Yw88

but it doesn’t , it keep asking for  the answer to the recovery question , if I remember it I wouldn't need any help . I hope that you fix the problem and make it go as smooth as shown in the video.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

monaaa wrote:
why can't you send a verification email to my email

Let's start there, shall we? I have no way to send you anything but information so that you can hopefully find a resolution. Somehow, you have misunderstood the purpose of this site perhaps? This site is not a channel for any formal support from, escalation to, nor communications with BlackBerry for any purpose whatsoever. Rather, it is a user-to-user community of kind volunteers trying to help each other out as best they can. You would have noticed that information in the Ts and Cs to which you agreed when you signed up for this site, along with this banner shown at the top of nearly every page on this site:

BSCF User Comm.JPG

Now, with that out of the way...please re-review the above links very carefully. Within one of them are instructions that do not require you to know the password nor the security question/answer...please look carefully for that important information.

If, however, you never confirmed your account, then that won't be useful anyway...and you will fall to the second half of what I already provided you above.

Good luck.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
loki_mast
My Device: torch 9800

hey im new to the forum and am having the same problem. and while i am still loged in to bbworld through my phone via bbprotect i cant log in anywhere else. i dont believe that i have ever had a bb email but am unsure. and without the answer to my security question i am at a loss. i have purchases on this acct that i would like to keep and i cant find my original email from bb from when i registered. any other ideas that you might have would be greatly apprecitated

loki_mast

i have gone through all of the links that you have posted above and still can not figure this out. never thought that a forgotten password would be this tough of a nut to crack
loki_mast

thank you but with a few hours of guessing going through all of my passwords for the last year i was able to get my password.