Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

marjia
My Device: blackberry torch 9800
My Carrier: t-mobile

Re: forgot app password and secret question

hii.. i am having the exact same problem could i please have the link that you used
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
scooba91
My Device: 9320
My Carrier: 3

I've not been able to do it yet. Also, my gfs 9320 ran out of battery and when she turned it back on its asking for a password to unlock it? What would the original password be and what do we do if all atempts are failed? Support?
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

marjia wrote:
hii.. i am having the exact same problem could i please have the link that you used

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I'm not sure who you are asking this question of...but Message 45 of this thread contains all of the relevant links.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

scooba91 wrote:
I've not been able to do it yet. Also, my gfs 9320 ran out of battery and when she turned it back on its asking for a password to unlock it? What would the original password be and what do we do if all atempts are failed? Support?

There is no "original password". The device lock password is 100% user created, and there is no "back door" nor "master" password to override it. Only the password created by the user to protect their BB-stored data can unlock the device. If all attempts fail, the device is wiped clean of all personal data, apps, etc. -- it will be as it was when it was brand new, before anyone began to configure it, store data on it, etc.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
karlagomez
My Device: blavkberry curve 9860
My Carrier: manila

What is RIM?
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

karlagomez wrote:
What is RIM?

RIM = Research In Motion, the former name of the company that makes BlackBerry devices. Recently, they abandoned that company name, and the company name is now also BlackBerry.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Andra77
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: 0885219008

dear supporters of black berry,

i forgot my password and the secret question. I made a new account but they said " Enter the username associated with this smartphone". Help Please!!!

Andra 77

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Andra77 wrote:

dear supporters of black berry,

i forgot my password and the secret question. I made a new account but they said " Enter the username associated with this smartphone". Help Please!!!

Andra 77

Start first with these please:

• KB28685 How to reset the BlackBerry ID password using the password recovery question
  • KB32111 "The link is no longer valid." is encountered when attempting to reset a BlackBerry ID password
  • KB26361 How to change or reset the BlackBerry ID password
  • KB28111 Unable to reset BlackBerry ID password when using a BlackBerry hosted email address
  • KB28232 BlackBerry ID reset email is not being delivered to the associated mailbox

If you have forgotten your BB ID credentials AND have non-BB access (e.g., Outlook, webmail, etc.) to the email account that is currently configured to your BB ID account, then those instructions should allow you to recover access to your BB ID account, even without the password or recovery question (please read them all carefully to find the section that applies to you).

However, if you do not have access to that email account, or if you never properly validated your BBID account, then your challenge is much greater, and you have a choice to make depending on your circumstances:

1. If you have no AppWorld records that you require to retain (e.g., purchase records for apps), then simply abandon the BB ID and create a new one. To do so, however, does require a device WIPE:
    • KB26694 How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone
  2. But, if you do have AppWorld records that you must keep, then you require human intervention. To receive that, you must ring up your mobile service provider and convince them to escalate your case up to BlackBerry. Further, you must convince BlackBerry to provide you with a solution -- which likely will either be resetting your current BB ID so that you can again access it or having you create a new BBID and they will manually move your purchase records over. Note that I have no idea if they will be willing to do this, but there is no other way that I know of to retain your prior AppWorld purchase records.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Rux1805
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

Please forward me the link as i can not find this link in the email
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Ummm...what? I didn't send you an email. You must be talking about the automatic email you receive when someone replies to posts that you make. I can't do anything about that. Instead of that email, you need to come back to the forums and read this actual thread (a link to which should be contained in that notification email you received from the site).

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.