Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Missyan
My Device: Blackberry z10

Re: forgot app password and secret question

hei i am facing the same problem.. i am not able to install any aps from blackberry world... its because i forgot my blackberry id password and secret answer.. so i deleted the apps which i had installed previously.. then i deletd my blackberry id according to the above cments and i created a new black berry id using the same email id as before... wen i tried to install aps its nt possible because they are showing that the original id must be used.. i am not able to install any apps.. inspite of deltng the id and creatng a new onee.. plz help
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2072), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Missyan wrote:
hei i am facing the same problem.. i am not able to install any aps from blackberry world... its because i forgot my blackberry id password and secret answer.. so i deleted the apps which i had installed previously.. then i deletd my blackberry id according to the above cments and i created a new black berry id using the same email id as before... wen i tried to install aps its nt possible because they are showing that the original id must be used.. i am not able to install any apps.. inspite of deltng the id and creatng a new onee.. plz help

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

The process you describe requires an on-device WIPE also...as in:

1. Back up your device
  2. Remove all apps (optional...step 4 will also accomplish this)
  3. Destroy the BBID
  4. WIPE the BB
  5. As the BB comes up after the WIPE, re-create the BBID using the exact same credentials
  6. Reinstall and restore everything from your backups

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Visitor
GrahamsArtworks
My Device: Blackberry 9810

[ Edited ]

Hi, im encountering the same problem..pls send me the link so i can reset my blackberry Id without the security question..myemail address is [removed personal information]

Thanks for the assist
Graham

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

GrahamsArtworks wrote:
Hi, im encountering the same problem..pls send me the link so i can reset my blackberry Id without the security question..

Thanks for the assist
Graham

All the information you need is in this "sticky" post:

Please note that we don't reply via your email address, and actually posting your email address is a violation of the Ts and Cs of this site, and the mods will shortly be redacting that personal information.

Cheers, and Good Luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
simplebeautiful3
My Device: Blackberry 8520

pru
pru
My Device: curve 9320

I forgot my recovery question pls help
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

pru wrote:
I forgot my recovery question pls help

Everything necessary is already covered above, and in the thread linked in post 94 above. Without knowing the answer to the recovery question, there is only one automated method to use, and it requires a very specific prerequisite to have already been done in the past (can't be done now)...confirming your BBID via the link sent in an original registration email sent when you created the BBID. If not done, then you cannot use the automated methods, and instead are left with a choice of abandonment or seeking formal human support (all of which is fully discussed in the thread linked in post 94 above).

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates