Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
acdarcy
My Device: Not Specified

forgot app password and secret question

Hello there, I can't remember my BB app world password and when I entered my secret question anwser I spelt it wrong, what the heck do I do now? Please help
Please use plain text.
Retired
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: forgot app password and secret question

Hey acdarcy,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Did you purchase any applications from App World or that are tied with My World?

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
acdarcy
My Device: Not Specified

No I haven't purchased any apps
Please use plain text.
Retired
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Then I would suggest trying to create a new BlackBerry ID, at www.blackberry.com/blackberryid

Once created, then login to my world in BlackBerry App World so you can proceed with downloading applications.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
adrock
My Device: Bold

Hi, this appears to be no help. The ID is tied to an e-mail account. No way I am going to create a new e-mail account just for a new Black berry ID. Is there anyway to contact RIM? To get actual help on getting this reset? Thanks for any suggestions!
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

adrock wrote:
Hi, this appears to be no help. The ID is tied to an e-mail account. No way I am going to create a new e-mail account just for a new Black berry ID. Is there anyway to contact RIM? To get actual help on getting this reset? Thanks for any suggestions!

All formal support, including for AppWorld, is provided by the carriers (who can escalate into RIM if needed).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
adrock

After 2 days off and on, on the phone with T-mobile, they have NO IDEA how to do this and no suggestions on what to do next.   They just suggest I search online.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

adrock wrote:

After 2 days off and on, on the phone with T-mobile, they have NO IDEA how to do this and no suggestions on what to do next.   They just suggest I search online.

Did they escalate you into RIM? From what you describe, it sounds like they did not. The ONLY path to formal support from RIM is via escalation from your carrier...you may have to try again, specifically requesting escalation to RIM.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
adrock

Hi, thanks for the pointers towards RIM. I called RIM up with some info that T-mobile gave me. RIM was very helpful. I was impressed. They said they couldn't help me directly and that they could forward me to the T-mobile RIM unit. This unit came up with only solution to this problem at this time....wish T-mobile had pointed me at them to start with. The solution: So, If you want to reset your Blackberry ID password AND you have forgotten your secret answer AND you want to use the same e-mail address you have already used for blackberry ID. THEN, You hopefully kept the e-mail you received when you created your blackberry ID. In this e-mail is a link to delete the blackberry ID associated with that e-mail address. Just click this and your blackberry ID is deleted. You can now create a new ID with the same e-mail address from before. At this time this is the ONLY way to do this.
Please use plain text.
jtkinsella
My Device: Bold 9700

That is good news as long as you have the original email. Perhaps suggestion to BB would be to make note of something - imho - fairly short sighted like this and fix the underlying issue. There are several posts like this on line, it is not just one person to whom this has happened.

Please use plain text.