Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

melina_rezaie
My Device: blackberry 9700 bold

Re: forgot app password and secret question

thank you so much! i had been trying to figure out wat to do in order to delete my account and my network providers didnt have a clue. luckily i came accross ur post and it was spot on! thank u!!! i deleted my email associated with that account and re created a new one again.

New Contributor
statik
My Device: bold

[ Edited ]

THAT IS THE ONLY SOLUTION YOU CAN OFFER FOR THIS PROBLEM ??

THESE ARE OUR ACCOUNTS! WE PAY THE BILLS! NOT YOU OR YOUR  COMPANY!!!! HOW DARE YOU!!! WHO DOES BLACJBERRY THINK THEY ARE???? I PAY FOR MY PHONE & IF I CAN NOT REMEMBER SOME QUESTION ASKED MONTHS AGO, [keep it courteous please]

nicolech
My Device: Storn

I have forgotten both password and secret question, no desire to create a new email since I would never use it. Please reset my phone so I can activate my app world account. It should be that easy 3 days of frustration so far.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

nicolech wrote:

I have forgotten both password and secret question, no desire to create a new email since I would never use it. Please reset my phone so I can activate my app world account. It should be that easy 3 days of frustration so far.

Hello and Welcome to the Forums!

From the words in your message, it sounds like you wish for your post to be some kind of formal request. Please read through this thread and you will see that such cannot be the case. These forums are a user-to-user support channel, not a user-to-RIM conduit. Front line support for BB's is, by contract, not provided by RIM. The carriers and authorized resellers are responsible for ALL front line formal support to end users.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
nicolech
My Device: Storn

no I was posting that 3 days of getting the run around has left me frustrated. I can not remember password or secret question I do not save emails I dump my email folder every night have no original email from blackberry and my carrier has told me this is an issue for blackberry. I have read all that I am to do but have yet to get the solution. mine was more of an attempt at showing blackberry how simple people would like things to be. Excactly whom do I contact to delete my account and what info do I give so they will? Please and Thank You.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

[ Edited ]

Hello again,

I understand that you are frustrated...but please re-read again...all formal support is via your carrier. There is no free method for you to formally submit anything directly to RIM...including these forums (they are not a conduit into RIM). Unless you are willing to pay fees (something called "Incident Support") and bypass your support agreement with your carrier, everything must go through your carrier. That is how it all works.

Good luck.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
SeanMaclair5678
My Device: Curve 8520, Pearl 8100

So if you don't have the email, there's absolutely nothing you can do?
Contributor
SeanMaclair5678
My Device: Curve 8520, Pearl 8100

I see you're on to something, Vicious Ferret.
andieJayne
My Device: BlackBerry Torch

i need help too please, just registered on ere so first part done..

my BB msg went off so took battery out and hay its bk on but im trying to get into app world and this is whats happening...

i enter my email address correctly and the passord (same as i used to access this..) and then.. log in BUT

"YOUR BB ID WILL BE LOCKED FOR X MINS FOR SECURITY REASONS YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO LOGIN OR REQUEST YOUR PASSWORD UNTIL THAT TIME HAS EXPIRED...OK

SO just incase ive put in the wrong pass word (which i havent coz i use same ruddy word for everything in my life)..i click onFORGOT PASSWORD... and it ask me for my 1st pet wtf i didnt use a pets name as my password but again i only use one pets name for all this sort of stuff tap it in and BANG im locked out again???

just got off the phone wid virgin and they suggest setting it up again and if i have to use a different email account what a mess,,, ive only got one email and my son and he dont want his mum using it coz he needs it for his phone etc so any suggestions would be gr8

sorry its a long msg but was asked to give as much info as poss

TY AndieJ

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

the other solution if for you to destroy your BlackBerry ID, then create another one with the exact same email address.

To destroy your current BlackBerry ID, you simply need to use the link at the bottom of the email you received when you created your BlackBerry ID.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: