Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

iyta
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: executive

forgot password for BBM id

Anyone can help me on this..I already go to link to reset the password..till now yet received the email. I can't using my BBM.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: forgot password for BBM id

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I assume you mean your BB ID credentials rather than BBM? As such, the following apply.

For security reasons, password reset emails are not delivered to the BB, regardless of the email account used. You must have separate (e.g., WebMail) access to that account in order to retrieve and process the password reset email. If your email account is a hosted (e.g., @BB or @carrier) account, then you need to go into BIS and configure a forwarder to an email account you can access from other than the BB...then re-generate the password reset email and retrieve it from that other account.

Also, given the high volume of these as a result of the BBM7 release, it's been reported that a delay of up to 2 hours is happening before receipt of the password reset email.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.