Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

free game download frozen at "starting download"

[ Edited ]

I was trying to download Ka-Glom and it froze while downloading.  When I go to My World, I can't delete it.  If I go to the game again to reinstall, the game doesn't give me an option to install again.  I contacted the game to see if they can reset but they said it is not their problem but with AppWorld.  How do I get this game off?  I have a Blackberry Curve 8310.  I just downloaded AppWorld last week.  I think that was everything you needed.  I DO NOT use my blackberry for business.

Please help!

Message Edited by Jonathan_K on 09-08-2009 07:39 PM
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: free game download frozen at "starting download"

i still need help.  still stuck on my world app.  can someone give me some assistance?

thanks,

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: free game download frozen at "starting download"

Hello,

another user has found a solution to this problem and posted it in these forums. The main idea is to clear the AppWorld cache :
1. Open App World
2. Go to My World
3 Clear the cache :
- For Storm & Pearl devices : show the keyboard, hold the num-lock ("!?123") button so it locks and then hit the three characters : 3 4 (
- For other devices: hold down the ALT key and press the three keys R S T
4. If your devie is locked after that, perform a battery pull reboot.
 Please tell us if this solves your issue.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: