Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

JLA001
My Device: curve

free international long distance

Hi

I am getting ready to go on vacation to Mexico.  My mom is in a nursing home and I don't really want to lose touch for 2 weeks.  Does anyone know of an app I can download to make free calls back home?  I will have my laptop.  If I run it through the wifi, can I make free calls?  I don't care about using my minutes, but would like to avoid the per minute charges.  Any ideas or help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: free international long distance

Unfortunately, there is no easy way around this unless your phone is capable of using Skype.

If it is not, I recommend using Skype from your laptop as that will likely be the easiest way to handle it.

By the way, I'd strongly suggest turning your data off while in Mexico.  Roaming charges can be extremely expensive unless your carrier has a good agreement in place with the Mexican carriers.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Visitor
haider111
My Device: curve

Re: free international long distance

How can I call pakistan for free from my blackberry.
haider ali