Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

dalegee
My Device: bold - 9900

help!! iv forgot my blackberry app world password and security question..

hi, iv forgot my password to log into blackberry app world, in result of this download any apps or even update my phone. iv tried  to reset my passwordbut it asks for the answer to my security question, whick have a cue what it is. The clue for my answer is '??'. if anyone can help...

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: help!! iv forgot my blackberry app world password and security question..

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

BB ID and AppWorld are secure systems, but they depend on the human to make that security work. When the human fails, the systems cannot do much about that. Please refer to this KB for potentially helpful information for your situation:

• KB26361 How to change or reset a BlackBerry ID password

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
AmeliaF
My Device: z10

Website keep on asking a security question "where was this setup" but I dont know the answer.  How do I bypass this???

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

AmeliaF wrote:

Website keep on asking a security question "where was this setup" but I dont know the answer.  How do I bypass this???

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

The security question is one that you created, and you also created the answer to it. This was done when you originally set up your BBID, and only you know the answer to it (since you created it).

So, start first with these please:

• KB28685 How to reset the BlackBerry ID password using the password recovery question
  • KB32111 "The link is no longer valid." is encountered when attempting to reset a BlackBerry ID password
  • KB26361 How to change or reset the BlackBerry ID password
  • KB28111 Unable to reset BlackBerry ID password when using a BlackBerry hosted email address
  • KB28232 BlackBerry ID reset email is not being delivered to the associated mailbox

If you have forgotten your BB ID credentials AND have non-BB access (e.g., Outlook, webmail, etc.) to the email account that is currently configured to your BB ID account, then those instructions should allow you to recover access to your BB ID account.

However, if you do not have access to that email account, then your challenge is much greater, and you have a choice to make depending on your circumstances:

1. If you have no AppWorld records that you require to retain (e.g., purchase records for apps), then simply abandon the BB ID and create a new one. To do so, however, does require a device WIPE:
    • KB26694 How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone
  2. But, if you do have AppWorld records that you must keep, then you require human intervention. To receive that, you must ring up your mobile service provider and convince them to escalate your case up to BlackBerry. Further, you must convince BlackBerry to provide you with a solution -- which likely will either be resetting your current BB ID so that you can again access it or having you create a new BBID and they will manually move your purchase records over. Note that I have no idea if they will be willing to do this, but there is no other way that I know of to retain your prior AppWorld purchase records.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.