Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
My Device: curve 9300

help trouble downloading!!

I'm trying to download guess the word - 4 pics 1 word, I click on the boz that says 0.75 and then it just freezes saying please wait it does this for ages it only goes when I do a battery pull! I have the blackberry curve 9300. Any advice would be good.
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2267), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: help trouble downloading!!

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I suggest that you clear the AppWorld application cache:

1. Open App World

2. Go to My World

3. Follow one (and only one!) of these steps:

3a. For keyboard-based BB's -- Hold down the ALT key and then press, in sequence R, then S, then T

3b. For Touch Screen Only BBs -- Hold the num-lock (!?123) button so it locks and then press, in sequence 3, then 4, then (

3c. For newer (e,g., OS6 and 7) BB's, see this KB:

• KB24714 How to clear the BlackBerry App World cache

4. AppWorld should close.

5. If your BB locks after issuing the cache clear, perform a battery pull reboot

6. Return to AppWorld/MyWorld (it may be sluggish while it re-synchronizes).

If step (4) does not happen as listed, then the clear cache did not work.

Hopefully it'll work for you! Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Hi thanks for reply. Itried doing what you sai. It cleared the cache so I went back in to download the app and its still doing the same thing!
Hall of Famer II

From your original description, it sounds like it's not even completing the purchase. Please check your payment methods configured into AppWorld to ensure that they are current and valid. You may want to also check your actual payment source to be sure that you haven't already been charged.

Please double check your PayPal account -- log into it from a PC/browser and ensure that the credentials you use there are identical to those you use to log into MyWorld. Also ensure that all credit cards you have attached to PayPal are current and valid...we have learned that if there is any credit card attached to your PayPal account that is invalid for any reason (e.g., expired), it will prevent AppWorld purchases from completing, even if it is not the funding source. Further, there must be at least one (valid) credit card attached to the PayPal account.

We also have heard from some users who report that creating a whole new PayPal account somehow fixes things and allows them to make purchases. I'm not sure why that works, but reports exist that it does.

Also please try a hard reset: With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

In addition, you can try this sequence:

1) Remove AppWorld from your BB

• KB10040 How to view or remove installed applications on a BlackBerry smartphone
  • If it requests that you reboot the BB, do so

2) Do a Batt-Pull reboot (power on, remove battery, wait, insert battery, wait), even if redundant to the one you did in step 1.

3) Install (on your BB) a fresh copy of AppWorld

4) Do another Batt-Pull reboot

5) See if it now works.

Cheers!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Thanks for the quick reply I will give thata go and let you know how it goes :smileyhappy:
New Contributor

I'm trying to get into my payment options menu but its not opening!
Hall of Famer II

If you are trying from device, please try from PC. If you are trying from PC, please try from device. Refer:

• KB26621 How to change the payment method in BlackBerry App World for either the BlackBerry PlayBook or BlackBerry smartphone

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
My Device: curve 9320

Can anyone plz help me I'm trying download 4 pics 1 word its not letting me its saying unable to do transaction please try again later been trying all nyt still not done it I have credit available so what could be the problem
My Device: curve 9320

There was a problem connecting to payment system please try agin later I have checked my payment method that's all fine
Hall of Famer II

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Here is a KB that discusses that error:

• KB29539 There was a problem connecting to the payment system. Your transaction has not been processed. Please try again later. (Error Id: 30644) when attempting to purchase an application in app world

Hopefully it contains something useful! There also are multiple existing threads on this site that discuss that exact error...your review of those might prove useful, and a search of this site, using the error message, error code, or symptom, should reveal all applicable existing threads to you.

Good luck and let us know!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates