Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Contributor
karanintouch
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone

incompatiblity of app world 4.0 with blackberry torch 9800

[ Edited ]

Hi

I got the OS installed from the service center. Things were working fine. When I opened the app world, it asked for upgrade to 4.0 version and boom.. the same problem again. Java exception errror and app world doesn't open.

Can someone one check, if there is incompatiblity of app world 4.0 with blackberry torch 9800?

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: How To Reload Your Operating System

No, it should work. Where are you downloading App World from? You may need to manually download it from http://blackberry.com/appworld

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
karanintouch

Hi Krypto, Thanks for the reply. I did download from the same location. Infact the previous version itself prompted me to do so. I could only resolve the problem only after reverting back to older version (v 3.0). Thanks to a site where I could download that. Last time also I remember the problem started with app world. Its again asking me to upgrade, everytime I go to upgrade any application but have been trying to avoid. I'm pretty sure there is some problem with the new version. Thanks
Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto

Are you on the BlackBerry Beta Zone by chance? If not, go check them out. They just released a new version of BlackBerry World (the new name for App World), which can hopefully help to resolve the issue. The only catch is that it is beta software, so things might not be 100% perfect.

You can check it out at http://blackberry.com/beta. Just sign up using your BlackBerry ID and you should be able to access it.

I hope that can help.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
karanintouch

Thanks again for the reply. I'm really afraid of trying that out. As last time when I allowed the app to continue to give error message. it slowly corrupted a lot of things. Like "blackberry" and return key started to hang, mismatch of call name to numbers. Any idea, when this new version is going to be main lined?
Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto

This is just a guess, but assuming there are no major issues with the current version, we may see an official relase of BlackBerry World 4.3 within a couple of weeks. If there are issues that need to be resolved before the official release, it may take longer.

One benefit of using the apps on the Beta Zone is that you are able to provide feedback directly to BlackBerry with regards to those apps. So if you started having the same issues, you could report them directly to the Beta Zone team. But if you aren't comfortable with this, then don't worry about it.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
karanintouch

Thanks Again for the reply.

Will give it a try. BTW, is there an offical page where I can download v3.1 of app world?

Will keep you posted on my result.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,839
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

karanintouch wrote:

Thanks Again for the reply.

Will give it a try. BTW, is there an offical page where I can download v3.1 of app world?

I am not aware of an official page for this download.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
karanintouch

Thanks.

Upgraded to beta version. The installation was successful and the initial launch worked. Now after reboot, its the same problem. When I switch to "blackberry world" it goes to home screen and nothing happens.

Now, whom should I report the issue?

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto

Contact your carrier for further assistance and they're you're primary point of contact for device support. Hopefully they will be able to help you further.

Good luck!

Please use plain text.