Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: missing app world icon

Hi Xandrex,
Any idea how do I upgrade my 8900 v4.6.1.250 to the OS5 using a Mac.
I'm in India, New Delhi on Vodafone.
Thanks a ton!
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

arundhati wrote:
Hi Xandrex,
Any idea how do I upgrade my 8900 v4.6.1.250 to the OS5 using a Mac.
I'm in India, New Delhi on Vodafone.
Thanks a ton!

Please read this article from the public knowledge base:

KB19915 How to perform a clean reload of BlackBerry smartphone application software using BlackBerry Desktop Software on a Mac computer

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: Curve

*Sunday

OK so I've updates to OS5 and turned my phone back in, it has a different loading screen now which indicates it's installed ok, but when it tells me to choose my language again the phone freezes.

I removed the battery and put it back in, even waiting a few hours but nothing works. The message comes back and I can't get past it. The buttons seem to work as I can use 'alt' and 'caps' (the symbol for these appears) and the main button will remove that symbol.

**Can anyone please help me im still waiting for soome help from sunday. Wud really appreciate it. Also btw does anyone know of the warranty of BB Curve 8520 bought in the UK. Its like 6wks old now.

Guru I

@twane
what is your carrier? what are the languages?
what is the selected language ?

can you remove the language from the Desktop Software?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Hi XandreX

I have a Curve 8520. Once i updated the Software to V5.0 i deleted all languages except Eng and French and then rebooted as it asked for me to do. when it loaded up it comes up with a window saying 'To start using your blackberry smartphone, you will need to confirm the languages that you use. ' then has the button 'Conti..' but i cant get it to click. The trackpad def works tho cuz it reacts when i press the caps/alt buttons. The background is moving as it shud and it reacts to a charging battery and signal but is just plain frozen.

When i try to add/ remove programs on the DM, it just loads and loads and wont connect to my phone.

Thank u!

Guru I

first comment:
usually you are not forced to choose it? try hitting the Escape key to get out of that configuration process.

second comment
you can also try to remove the French language from the Desktop Software.
You will then have only one language and maybe it won't go to that screen.
You will then be able to re-add it later.

Keep me posted.

New Contributor

Nope nothings working, even took out the sim card and it still stays on that same screen when putting it back on. The DM recognises the phone but cant initialize at all.

Im gona take it into the store tomorrow, hopefully they'll still fix it for me.

Thanks for ur help anyway! :smileyhappy:

New Contributor
My Device: curve 8520

hi folks

downloaded blackberry app world 2.1.2.19 at the weekend and the icon for bb app world has returned and functions. All seems to be working well again - touch wood.

regards

JC

My Device: 8520

I have the same exact the same problem...

the problems starts like this...

>while my phone BB 8520 is connected to a wifi..

and im having a themes download @ bb app world.. suddenly the setup wizzard appear with all the new update available... then I click the fb first.. afterwhich I did the app world update.. the the phone require me to reboot it.. so I did.. and then the appliction worild icon is missing... so I rush up and read how to resolve it...

> I did reboot, bat pull and Wipe all the data.. I did not bother losing some data coz its a new phone and nothing precious to be kept.

> still did not work for my........ My icon is still Missing...

How can I get it back...so that I can download again my social networking apps..

my phone is bb curve 8520 v.50.0 already! help!

My Device: 9300

blackberry is more and more stupid every day!