Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
jme78
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

missing app world icon

Hi - sorry if this has been asked and/or solved before but i searched and couldnt' find anything. I just got a blackberry storm a few days ago and downloaded the blackberry apps world and when i go to my download folder it's not there and i can't seem to find the icon for app world anywhere. It says that it's installed when i look at my application center but i'm at a loss as to where it is. Thanks in advance for any help. Jamie
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: missing app world icon

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

You are looking in the Application Center folder and finding AppWorld? Interesting...where you should (or not) see it is in:

Homescreen > Options > Advanced Options > Applications

Perhaps the icon is elsewhere? Or hidden? Dig around and see if it went somewhere other than Downloads.

If it is not acting correctly, I suggest deleting it from the above (with AppWorld highlighted, but not clicked), press the BBKey and select Delete. Then re-obtain the installation again from here

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/appworld/download.jsp#tab_tab_download

and re-install it. It indeed should go into your Downloads folder -- that's where mine went. But don't depend on that...it could as well go into another folder if you've got a different default for it.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
jme78

So i did what you suggested and i still can't find it and now i am started to get pissed at my storm.....lol

Should I try a battery pull?

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Always try a batt-pull. And then try just re-installing it -- it should allow you to install over the top of a prior installation with no problem.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
jme78

The battery pull worked, thank you for your help!
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Excellent! You are most welcome!

If you wouldn't mind, would you close the thread and mark it as solved? That way, others can more easily find your solution. Thanks!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Ranouy
My Device: Bold 9700

I just got off the phone with RIM Blackberry Tech Support - this is a KNOWN ISSUE with the latest software version!

After almost an hour on the phone - the only way to work around this is the following. They are working on a fix in the meantime.

1 - connect phone to desktop manager and do a BACKUP

2 - save the file somewhere you will need it to restore

3 - Go into Options, Security Options, Security Wipe

4 - Select Emails/Contacts and User Installed Applications

5 - scroll to bottom of screen...enter the word BLACKBERRY then click on WIPE

This will then start wiping the phone clean, back to factory settings., It took my phone maybe 20-30 mins to go thru everything.

Once it reboots, the icon should be back.

You will need to then reconnect to Desktop Manager and do a RESTORE.

Select the file you saved in #2 above.

Then, go into Setup Wizard to re-set up your email accounts.

After a week of frustration, my phone is back to normal and once again enjoying apps!

Good luck,:smileywink:

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

FYI the formal recommendation is documented here:

• KB22944 Home screen icon disappears after an update to to BlackBerry App World 1.1.0.35

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
veron86

Hi. Just wanted to let you know that I have had the same problem with missing BB app world icon.I did the back up through the desktop manager, did security wipe then restored the data and my icon is back. Happy days!!!!
New Contributor
BB8530
My Device: Curve 8530

Hi,

I followed the instructions for the official fix, but it didn't work.  I did not "wipe" the email etc, only the User Installed Applications.

On the restore, there were no applications and I lost the applications I had installed. 

Any suggestions?