Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: missing app world icon

BB8530 wrote:

Hi,

I followed the instructions for the official fix, but it didn't work.  I did not "wipe" the email etc, only the User Installed Applications.

On the restore, there were no applications and I lost the applications I had installed. 

Any suggestions?

Hello,

Given that the instructions explicitly state that you must wipe all data and applications, the "fix" you describe seems to not fit into the proscribed steps. Then again, the result you describe seems to fit. So I'm really not sure what you did. But, since, in following the process, you have a good backup, you should be fine at least as far as your data is concerned.

Let us know if we've misunderstood what you intended to communicate.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BB8530
My Device: Curve 8530

Hello again.

I did the complete wipe, I had to run the setup wizard when it rebooted.  The restore was perfect (my settings and contacts are all there).

However, I do not have the Blackberry World App icon on my home page, in the downloads, the application centre, it is no where to be found.  I had to download it from Blackberry World, do I have to do that again?  But won't that download the version that is missing the icon for the home page?

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,931
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

That version of App World (.35) is not missing an icon. I've loaded it to many devices (well, 6-7) since it was released with no problems.

There is some conflict with another app or your OS, RIM is trying to figure it out. They will.

So yes, for now, download App World again. From your BlackBerry browser:

www.blackberry.com/appworld

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BB8530
My Device: Curve 8530

Yea.... it worked.

Thank you to both users, the key is to wipe email and apps off the phone and to try and reinstall the App World.

Please use plain text.
Karsh
My Device: Bold 9700

Hello, I tried the steps i.e. wiping out the blackberry and the problem has been solved.

Please use plain text.
sandras
My Device: tour

hello , I used to have the wold app icon on my menu and then is not longer there. When I look for it under applications it is listed but it is not working. I already deleted it and re installed, pulled the battery out and still not working. Any suggestions? I have a blackberry tour 9630.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

sandras wrote:

hello , I used to have the wold app icon on my menu and then is not longer there. When I look for it under applications it is listed but it is not working. I already deleted it and re installed, pulled the battery out and still not working. Any suggestions? I have a blackberry tour 9630.

Thanks

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Perhaps you did not read through this thread...as the answer is already posted. But, regardless, here again is the official KB on the matter:

• KB22944 Home screen icon disappears after an update to BlackBerry App World 1.1.0.35

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
sandras

Thanks I am currently doing the wipe. I did the back up and I hope that I get back my phone to normal.

Please use plain text.
sandras

I did everything and my Icon is back , but  now the enterprise activation is not working so I cannot get my work e-mail . Any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

sandras wrote:

I did everything and my Icon is back , but  now the enterprise activation is not working so I cannot get my work e-mail . Any suggestions?

Yes...contact your BES admin. It may re-activate automatically, or they may have to kick-start it from the BES server.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.