11-05-2013 02:44 PM
11-05-2013 03:05 PM
For this you need to reload the software of your device. Make sure to do a back up first cause all the data on your device will be deleted. You can do this by following the steps below.
1. Go to google on the field type in ( blackberry software update ( name of your carrier ) )
2. download the device software
3. install it on your computer.
4. once installed plug your device into the computer ( without the battery)
5. go to Computer / C driver / program files ( x86 ) / Common files / research in motion / app loader / LOADER
6. click on LOADER and follow the prompt.
7. it will take time to recognize your PIN or device. Just continue clicking NEXT until it push through.
8.after that it will prompt you in selecting your language then a page with " finish or close " will appear just click either of them for the process to proceed.
9. a loading bar will show up. When you receive an error message that says something like " cannot detect device "
that is the time for step 10.
10. put the battery back
and click on "Retry"
11. it will take time but keep on retrying untill the process proceed.
12.once all the loading is done you may either receive " a fatal error occured or software update success"
dont worry about the fatal error it says that but your device should be booting up.
let me know if this help.
11-05-2013 03:57 PM
Try opening BBM. Usually after a fresh install of device software, I'm prompted to install BBID.
It may be that your device isn't running the latest version of software available. I'd recommend checking if it is using BB Desktop Software