Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World

New Contributor
roguck
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

non-legit app refund

Yesterday I purchased a non-legit version of ewallet for BB10 from the app store (now subsequently removed from the store) and appear to be unable to send a refund request using the Blackberry Commerce refunds form.  Each time I attempt to send the form it simples returns "An unknown error occurred processing your refund request. Please try again later."

Is there any solution for this or a direct contact as I have tried to send the form a number of times in the last 24 hours.

Thank you for any advice.

Richard.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: non-legit app refund

Hello,

Contrary to many other sources, all information I have received requires you to contact your mobile service provider for formal escalation up to BlackBerry in order to process such a refund. I know it sounds convoluted, but that is the process as I understand it. It may take persistence on your part, especially with your carrier so as to convince them that they indeed do need to formally escalate your case up to BlackBerry.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
roguck

thanks for the info, seems a strange way to do this as I paid via paypal so my mobile service provider plays no link in the chain.  The purchase was also done over wifi at home.  It could also be different as my device was purchased SIM free.

I will continue to persist and see what the outcome is. Disappointed over this though.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

I know that it seems strange. The only thing I can say about that is that, contractually, your carrier is responsible for 100% of the formal front line support for ALL of your service-related issues, regardless of if the problem is rooted at them or at BlackBerry. Only they can escalate cases up to BlackBerry that they cannot handle...end users have no free path to bypass their carrier and seek anything directly from BlackBerry. That is the way the support model works, and all parties are contractually bound to it. I know it seems odd, but it is what it is.

For this situation, it does not matter what your device purchase method was...this issue is service-related, not device-related. As such, your carrier is responsible for supporting your service-related issues, regardless of your procurement method of your BB. If the issue were device-related (e.g., an in-warranty hardware failure), then indeed your carrier would not be the proper place to seek help as they are not your device-level warranty or support provider (since you did not purchase it from them). The original place of purchase or authorized service center is responsible for front line support for all device-related (e.g., warranty) issues. But the carrier holds responsibility (front line) for service-related issues. Each can escalate to BlackBerry those issues that require such.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Developer
Innovatology
My Carrier: Vodafone

@roguck: Try appworldbilling@rim.com. Make sure you enclose your purchase receipt.

@sdgardne: I don't know about the USA, but that would not stand in a European court of law. Your transaction is with BB, so they are contractually obligated to provide a service. That obligation cannot be delegated. Besides, would you contact your internet service provider if you had an issue with an an order on Amazon? Of course not.

That said, the App World agreement states that RIM is not obliged to provide any refunds. For warranted cases they often do though.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

All I can tell you is what I have been told by official BlackBerry folks. I may not necessarily agree with it, but it is all that I have, and it's not my place to defend it in any venue whatsoever.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
roguck

Thanks for the help.
I contacted Blackberry directly last night and received a refund this morning. I think the procedure is different in Europe but the deciding factor was probably the illegitimacy of the original app.
Please use plain text.