Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
vonclau
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: vodafone

problem with "To continue using BlackBerry App World, you must upgrade your current version"

Hello, I am facing a problem when I try to upgrade BB app world.

The KB26170 has not helped me to solve the problem because when I select Download I am re-directed on a web page appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/ etc....... and on that page there isn't anything as described in KB26170 like "download it today" etc..

I have tried to download from http://it.blackberry.com/apps/app-world/download.html but if I select "download today " through Blackberry Desktop and USB connection the next page shows the following message "Downloads via a USB connection are not enabled for this product. Please visit our mobile download site using the browser on your BlackBerry® smartphone."( question if not available why is it possible to select? BB webmaster you should check that page) If on the previous page I select to send the download link to my e-mail connected to BB the e-mail is sent correctly but the link is a link to a welcome message without any possibility to download app world.

Any suggestion from the community? - Curve 9300 6.0.0.2647 app world 2.1.1.2

Please use plain text.
Administrator (Retired)
FozzieBear
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: problem with "To continue using BlackBerry App World, you must upgrade your current version"

Hello vonclau,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Thank you for your question regarding the issue you are experiencing with updating BlackBerry World.

Please attempt to install the application by going to www.blackberry.com/blackberryworld on your device browser.

If you are unable to do so, please contact your mobile service provider to verify that you are using a data plan that supports this application.

Cheers,

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vonclau
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: vodafone

Re: problem with "To continue using BlackBerry App World, you must upgrade your current version"

Thank you FozzieBear , I did it what you suggested before writing the message to the Community but I always end up in a page where there is no exit.

Regards.

Please use plain text.