Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
TomaszT
My Device: Bold 9900 and Playbook
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: "An error has occurred. Please try again later" when attempt to login to App World

Unbelievable. 38 pages of complains and BB cannot fix this issue!

I have BB Bold 9900 and BB Playbook.
From yesterday I have only problems with applications.
Yesterday I've tried to buy game upgrade (Sticktennis). I log into my BlackBerry account on my playbook but as a result I always have error 30242 message.
Than I wanted to upgrade Concur application on my phone - I have note: "There was a problem installing Concur - Expense and Travel Management. Please try again".  After 10th time I stopped.
Than I've bought google map. I've received recipe from BlackBerry (Order Number: 14770211) in one second. But it was a problem with installation (same like with Concur) and I cannot see how I can install this app.
I've tried to install also Chase bank app. Had the same note like for "Concur".
And Iall BB applications upgardes works without problems (e.g. BB Bridge and App World upgarded today).
Can I buy or install anything on my devices!?? It is unbelievable that I cannot install application BB sales. I cannot even have something they charged me!
Outrageous!

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: "An error has occurred. Please try again later" when attempt to login to App World

TomaszT wrote:

Unbelievable. 38 pages of complains and BB cannot fix this issue!

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Unbelievable indeed...oh wait, amidst those posts are some solutions as well! But, one must actually read it all to discover those gems.

TomaszT wrote:

Yesterday I've tried to buy game upgrade (Sticktennis). I log into my BlackBerry account on my playbook but as a result I always have error 30242 message.

Here is a KB that discusses that error:

• KB32888 "There were problems completing this purchase. Please try again or visit BlackBerry App World Support for more information. (Error ID: 30242)" when attempting to complete a purchase in App World on the PlayBook

Sadly, it offers no solution...but before I offer anything, we'll continue...

TomaszT wrote:

Than I wanted to upgrade Concur application on my phone - I have note: "There was a problem installing Concur - Expense and Travel Management. Please try again".  After 10th time I stopped.

Probably a cascaded effect from the first error...

TomaszT wrote:

Than I've bought google map. I've received recipe from BlackBerry (Order Number: xxxxxxx) in one second. But it was a problem with installation (same like with Concur) and I cannot see how I can install this app.
I've tried to install also Chase bank app. Had the same note like for "Concur".

Again, likely cascading from the first error.

TomaszT wrote:

And Iall BB applications upgardes works without problems (e.g. BB Bridge and App World upgarded today).

"lall"????

TomaszT wrote:

Can I buy or install anything on my devices!?? It is unbelievable that I cannot install application BB sales. I cannot even have something they charged me!
Outrageous!

Again, that first error is likely the root cause...resolving that may well help clear up all of these other issue.

So, since that KB was not very useful, I'd suggest clearing the AppWorld cache:

• KB24714 How to clear the BlackBerry App World cache

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
TomaszT
My Device: Bold 9900 and Playbook
My Carrier: AT&T

Thank you for advice :Clap:

I like specially link to error 30242. It is always good to spend some time reading about something that doesn't work.

I did reset of cache memory. I have checked time settings....

No changes except one: now my phone ask me to pay again for Google map app. Nice!

Still the same errors.

Anyone wants to buy almost new BB9900 and playbook? I don't have time to fight with my tools which suppose to work.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

TomaszT wrote:

I like specially link to error 30242. It is always good to spend some time reading about something that doesn't work.

I did reset of cache memory. 

I think I read a little sarcasm there...well deserved. But please understand that my point in providing that link, even if it contains nothing useful at this time, is in the hope that sometime in the future RIM will update it...and you'll already have the link so as to benefit from the new information.

TomaszT wrote:

I did reset of cache memory. I have checked time settings....

No changes except one: now my phone ask me to pay again for Google map app.

That would indicate to me that it's not properly authenticated to your BB ID, and has therefore no access to your prior purchase record for that. The clear cache should be quite obvious that it worked or not...but I cannot tell, from what you report, if it truly worked properly or not.

TomaszT wrote:

Anyone wants to buy almost new BB9900 and playbook? I don't have time to fight with my tools which suppose to work. 

OK...your choice. Good luck.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Nicky456
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: blackberry

How do I get this problem fixed
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Nicky456 wrote:
How do I get this problem fixed

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Well, you start by reading the 384 posts in this thread prior to yours. Also by searching this site on the exact error message. Searching the public KBs as well could be useful. It is highly likely that the solution to your issue is already posted, and your searching and finding it will solve it for you much faster.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rhuzman
My Device: blackberry curve-9300
My Carrier: vodacom

Also have the same problemI. And I got no clue what to do
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rhuzman
My Device: blackberry curve-9300
My Carrier: vodacom

Still stuck
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

rhuzman wrote:
Also have the same problemI. And I got no clue what to do

Hello,

Did you read post 386, the one just above yours? You see, that's the clue of what to do...

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
vmackza
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hello

The reason I joined the forum is because my BB app world didn't work! I have uninstalled it but when I downloaded it again form the website it said download successful but I can't find it anywhere except under Application Management! How do I get it back on my home screen :'( please help. Torch 9800
Please use plain text.