Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

"App error code 530" with Reset button showed on blank screen on my Blackberry one day.

I received an "APP ERROR 530" code on a blank screen one day on my Blackberry. There was a "Reset" button underneath that error code. I didn't hit "reset", but instead took out the battery and restarted the phone and there was another error message but I was able to see and use my home screen.

Here's what i did before this happened. Over the weekend I downloaded a few Blackberry Apps, and since I did some internet data plan changes with my wireless carrier (Rogers in Canada), I had some new Apps installed in my Blackberry such as Facebook, some games and etc. I also synced my computer with it to transfer a few files onto my phone. This is the first time it happened. Please help.

P.S. The night before this happened, I sent my friend a Facebook message, and the next day he told me I had spammed him with 18 message notifications in his hotmail.  This sounds suspicious!

P.S. Other info on my phone:

Carrier: Rogers

Model: BB 8520

BIS/BES: Personal use

Thanks! Natalie

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: "App error code 530" with Reset button showed on blank screen on my Blackberry one day.

can you list all the applications you have installed? Is there any for which you have granted access to the messages security ?

what happened after the battery pull? can you do it once again and note down the exact error message?

I have never seen anything about an error 530, so it may be related to a specific application.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: