Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
trishthestrange
My Device: Curve 9220
Accepted Solution

"There is an issue with Blackberry App World. Please try again."

Whenever I try to download anything from the app world or even click on My world, it always says "There is an issue with Blackberry App World. Please try again." I cannot download any apps because of that, and I have consulted my carrier about it. They said I should be able to access the app world through wifi since I am subscribed to a Blackberry data plan (BBM). They don't know what to do with my problem anymore. Everything else is working except app world. Please help. Btw, I'm trying to access the app world through a tethered mobile internet. Does this have anything to do with it?
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: "There is an issue with Blackberry App World. Please try again."

Hi trishthestrange

Welcome to the Community

As you have the BlackBerry Data Plan Try Over the Air  Download ,and regarding your Error look at this KB 

“There is an issue connecting to BlackBerry App World. Please try again.” .And also try clearing your App World Cache.For that  :

Open App World – Go to MY World – 

• Keyboard based – Hold down the ALT key and then press RST

KB24714 How to clear the BlackBerry App World cache

• App World shall Close
  •  Perform a Battery Pull Restart like this While Device is Powered On remove the Battery wait for a min. then re-insert it back wait till the device take a long Reboot.

Then Have a try.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
trishthestrange

Hi prince2012

Thanks for your advice. I have tried clearing the app world cache but it doesn't work because I could not launch My World. Whenever I try to access My World the same error message appears then the app world closes. I have never downloaded any apps successfully from app world since I got hold of my curve 9220.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi trishthestranger

Please Uninstall AppWorld from Options > Device > Application Management.

Scroll to BlackBerry AppWorld > Delete.

or KB10040 : How to view or remove installed application on a blackberry smartphone  

Do a reboot on the BlackBerry in this manner: With the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a min. and then reinsert the battery wait till it reboot.

Now, from your BB Browser  go towww.blackberry.com/appworld and install again.

After Installing  Go to app world and see if you are able to download ,On a PC You can also try scanning the barcode of that application it will prompt a download link on your device.Please try it and let us know.But as I told try downloading Over the Air.

Prince

New Contributor
trishthestrange

I tried downloading over the air and it's now working. I just have to open the app world over the air for the first time and it now works via tethered mobile internet. Thanks!
Elite II
prince2012

Hi trishthestranger

You are Welcome ..and glad that now you are able to enjoy BlackBerry App World :smileyhappy:

Prince

New Contributor
xxsawer
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9790

Hi,

even this is already solved, I just want to mention I also had the same issue when running AppWorld in BlackBerry Bold 9790 via tethered mobile internet. I solved this by uninstalling the original AppWorld version and installing new one (4.0.0.65). It looks like this was a bug in previous version...

Elite II
prince2012

xxsawer wrote:

Hi,

even this is already solved, I just want to mention I also had the same issue when running AppWorld in BlackBerry Bold 9790 via tethered mobile internet. I solved this by uninstalling the original AppWorld version and installing new one (4.0.0.65). It looks like this was a bug in previous version...

Hi xxsawer

Welcome to Support Forums

Good to know that installing the latest version of BlackBerry App World solved your issue. But there is no such bugs on previous version then the present .:smileywink: 

New Contributor
xxsawer
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9790

Well if in previous version was no such issue, then tell me why should I try to connect over the air first? :smileyhappy:

Elite II
prince2012

xxsawer wrote:

Well if in previous version was no such issue, then tell me why should I try to connect over the air first? :smileyhappy:

Hey xxsawer

Well on your previous post you have not mentioned that you try to connect Over the Air for the first time, And It might be because you don't have those service books which are required for those services ,Do you have that ? http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Downloaded-applications-for/Blackberry-maps-Unknown-error/m-p...  :smileywink: