Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
kmmowery
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: remote access to PC

Yeah I saw that but I couldn't access the files because their zip files. How am I suppose to open them? with Textpad?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

the zip file contain a compiled version of the project, that you can install on your Windows.

But I understand you want to view the source code, that can be found here :

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ultravnc/develop

meaning you need to use either svn, cvs or Mercurial to fetch the tree.

you will then be able to read the source code, edit it, and compile it on your computer

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kmmowery

[ Edited ]

ok, thanks, i'll look for a cvs to use to open the tree.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kmmowery

I am doign a research project on remote access and I have to take my research further by implementing something that is my own idea or something new. However, I have no idea what to do. My main idea was to connect my phone to my computer through a VPN, however I had several issues with a VPN. So I bought TSMobiles and downloaded RDM+. Do you have any ideas on what I can do to further my research? I am all out of ideas.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

kmmowery wrote:

I am doign a research project on remote access and I have to take my research further by implementing something that is my own idea or something new. However, I have no idea what to do. My main idea was to connect my phone to my computer through a VPN, however I had several issues with a VPN. So I bought TSMobiles and downloaded RDM+. Do you have any ideas on what I can do to further my research? I am all out of ideas.

What is your need ? Get good marks or do something that will be popular ?

I know many people want to be able to access their BB device from a computer. For example have an application that displays the BB and its content like the BB Simulator, but it's not a simulator.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kmmowery

I just need to do something that may possibly be popular but I need help with what and how to do so.

Please use plain text.
supportaliasgar
My Carrier: Vodafone

You can use RDM+ (remote desktop for mobiles) solution for remote access to Mac and Windows computers from Blackberry phone. Also, if you wish to have remote access between computers, you can use various remote support services such as logmeinrescue, gosupportnow, GoToMyPC etc.
Please use plain text.